How to decode the Error Log ?

Hi,

Assume that I’ve written an AutoIt script and compiled and it returns some error. Is there any way of how I can decode my error log and find out where/why the error has popped exactly?

Thanks in advance.

Learning is Lifelong!

The error message will show what line the error appeared on.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

The error message will show what line the error appeared on.

Erm ... yea, but not in relation to the original script unless its devoid of full remark lines, empty lines, #includes, and whatever I forgot.

Compile your script with the following lines added at the top of your main script file.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y
#Obfuscator_Parameters=/cs=0 /cn=0 /cf=0 /cv=0 /sf=0 /sv=0
;~ #Obfuscator_Parameters=/cs=0 /cn=0 /cf=0 /cv=0 /sf=1 /sv=1 ;; alternitive setting.

And start playing around with the Obfuscator created script that was created. (<scriptname>_Obfuscated.au3)

- And ditch any leftover empty lines, and any code-line separations in the Obfuscator script.

Edited by singularity

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Erm ... yea, but not in relation to the original script unless its devoid of full remark lines, empty lines, #includes, and whatever I forgot.

Compile your script with the following lines added at the top of your main script file.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y
#Obfuscator_Parameters=/cs=0 /cn=0 /cf=0 /cv=0 /sf=0 /sv=0
;~ #Obfuscator_Parameters=/cs=0 /cn=0 /cf=0 /cv=0 /sf=1 /sv=1 ;; alternitive setting.

And start playing around with the Obfuscator created script that was created. (<scriptname>_Obfuscated.au3)

- And ditch any leftover empty lines, and any code-line separations in the Obfuscator script.

Hi Singularity,

I'm sorry. I can't get your code script well. Can you be little clear? Thanks.

Learning is Lifelong!

I can't get your code script well. Can you be little clear?

mmm, Without knowing what it is you don't get/understand in my message ... and not knowing your (AutoIt) skill/experiences level ... I don't see the point in trying.

(others might, but that's up to them.)

so ...

First things first:

1 - Do you have SciTE4AutoIt3 installed, and are you using that(SciTE4AutoIt3) to do your AutoIt coding/building. ?

2 - What part(s) do you not understand in my message ? (and why, if you can.)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...