Timeout in DLLCall

Hi,

I did not find something on Timeouts when using a dllcall, perhaps someone could help.

I use the mediainfo.dll to get some information on Video.

The code is:

$hDLL_mediainfo = DllOpen("mediainfo.dll")
        If $hDLL_mediainfo = -1 Then
            $rate=""
        Else

;New MediaInfo handle
        $Handle=DllCall($hDLL_mediainfo, "ptr", "MediaInfo_New")

;Open

$Open_Result=DllCall($hDLL_mediainfo, "int", "MediaInfo_Open", "ptr", $Handle[0], "wstr", $videopath)

;Get with Stream=Video (ID1) Substream=0 (ID0) and Parameter=Framerate
        $framerate=DllCall($hDLL_mediainfo, "wstr", "MediaInfo_Get", "ptr", $Handle[0], "int", 1, "int", 0, "wstr", "FrameRate", "int", 1, "int", 0)

$rate = $framerate[0]

;Delete MediaInfo handle
        $Handle=DllCall($hDLL_mediainfo, "none", "MediaInfo_Delete", "ptr", $Handle[0])

;Close the DLL
        DllClose($hDLL_mediainfo)

The Problem I have is this line

$Open_Result=DllCall($hDLL_mediainfo, "int", "MediaInfo_Open", "ptr", $Handle[0], "wstr", $videopath)

In some cases the mediafile doen not answer and the script pauses. I want to have a timeout here that sets an upper limit of 1min. Is there a timeout funktion for dll call or a general timeout for functions in scripts?

Regards,

Alex

DllCall() is a blocking function in AutoIt. Find out if the DLL you are using supports a call-back function for that operation, and if so, use DllCallbackRegister() with it.

:unsure:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law