MultiPing

Flashz

Hi guys,

just wrote this to help me at work and thought it might come in handy to some of you.

The script allows you to read a list of PCs from a txt file too and ping them. The successes or failures will be saved to txt files.

You might find a few loops strange, but it does the job.

MultiPing.au3

What about setting a part of the text file where it lists the PC's ip address numbers that could not be pinged, so as to not have to search through the entire file :)

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

I don't get what your trying to say. In that script, after pinging all the pcs, it generates 2 txt files, one containing all the successful ones and the other all the failures. If either there are no failures or no successes, the respective button will be disabled.

Did you mean appending the ip address beside the computer name?

Sorry about that...Yea, possibly having a @TAB between the computername and the IP Address. It's not a big deal I know, however it would be a nice addition...without having to look through that code again (I'm hating UDP now :))

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

Sorry man, I was trying to figure out a way to append the IP address too, but the in-built ping function in autoit doesn't return ip. I'll have to add another function that uses the dos ping then stdout to capture the ip add.

Can't seem to figure an easier way to do it.