Need Help with registry

good day to all. i am trying to make a script which will delete Microsoft Office Document Image Writer and Microsoft XPS Document Writer printer installed to all PC's in our network. i will initiate a registry delete of the entry of the printers. my test script works fine on the first registry part but the second case, it will fail to delete. can someone help me why the script don't work as what i need to. thanks...

below is my script

For $i= 1 to 10
    $var = RegEnumKey("\\12.110.1.12\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers", $i)
    If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop
    ;MsgBox(4096, "SubKey #" & $i & " under HKLM\Software: ", $var)

Select
        Case $var = "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer"
            ;$read = RegRead("\\10.110.1.12\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Microsoft Office Document Image Writer", "Name")         
            RegDelete("\\12.110.1.12\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Microsoft Office Document Image Writer")
        Case $var = "Microsoft XPS Document Writer"
            ; $read = RegRead("\\10.110.1.12\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Microsoft XPS Document Writer", "Name")         
            RegDelete("\\12.110.1.12\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Microsoft XPS Document Writer")
    EndSelect

Next

ShellExecute("sc.exe", "\\12.110.1.12 stop SPOOLER", @SystemDir)
ShellExecute("sc.exe", "\\12.110.1.12 start SPOOLER", @SystemDir)

You could start by helping yourself a little.

Take a look at the Regdelete() function in the helpfile, and its return values and @error values, and add a little error checking.

Hi JohnOne,

I've done that.

This line of script will list if PC has Microsoft Document Writer and Microsoft XPS installed in PC....

$var = RegEnumKey("\\10.110.1.12\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers", $i)

Then on the Select Case, If the script match the registry name of the printer, it will delete the value...

The first select case works fine...

Select
        Case $var = "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer"
            ;$read = RegRead("\\10.110.1.12\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Microsoft Office Document Image Writer", "Name")         
            RegDelete("\\12.110.1.12\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Microsoft Office Document Image Writer")

but the second select case, it failed to delete

Case $var = "Microsoft XPS Document Writer"                     
            RegDelete("\\12.110.1.12\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Microsoft XPS Document Writer")

I wonder why the second case is not being executed....

This is why you must add some error checking, to indicate to you whay it is failing.

ConsoleWrite("RegDelete @error " & @error & @CRLF)

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

This is why you must add some error checking, to indicate to you whay it is failing.

ConsoleWrite("RegDelete @error " & @error & @CRLF)

Hi JohnOne. I managed to make it working without this error checking you advise. Thanks anyway... :unsure:

Cheers...