Help with some ideas on my project please?

Hi everyone,

I am new here and to AutoIt but I have some experience programming in Basic so its familiar to a certain extent. I have the makings of an anticheat program for an old game I want to resorect from the dead. I have heard that AutoIt is used sometimes by hackers, so can anyone tell me what the best ways are (assuming a player has my anticheat running on their computer) to detect if an open process in memory is an AutoIt script, and what I could do to detect if a mouse movement or keypress is that of a script, or that of a human. Thinking along the lines of checking if the mouse/keyboard is being hooked by any of the open processes in any way during gameplay. I have heard that certain intellimouses/keyboards have active hooks etc.. which I would want to eliminate to avoid false positives.

I realise I am a first time poster so totally understand if this is a lot to ask without any previous contribution from myself, but I am keen to learn so any pointers would be a great help.

Thanks again

Steve

Edited by maxmadx

Read this: Game Bots and Automation

Don't try to play fuzzy logic with it about "anticheat".

The Valik is not fuzzy, but cold and scaly, and doth consume such posters with great relish.

(Sweet Pickle Relish, actually.)

:unsure:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Anticheat with basic :S .... the cheats are made with debbugers so if you want to find out your exploits you should know how debuggind works and find out what are the exploits of your program...

AutoIt only use the resources of windows their APIs and Some dll... :S

EDIT : Maybe someone more experienced explaint this better

Edited by monoscout999

I actually am writing an anticheat... cant believe my first response- so cynical! I can provide you with what I have so far to prove it, no fuzzy logic there Sir.

I already have a good handle on the debugging cheats and methods to counter these, but thanks for your suggestion. AutoIt is a big problem in my game and all I want to do is find a way to detect if someone is using it to control the mouse/keys. If AutoIt uses windows APIs and DLLs to control the mouse, can someone at least tell me what these are..

If I can't get help here where can I?!

Steve

I actually am writing an anticheat... cant believe my first response- so cynical! I can provide you with what I have so far to prove it, no fuzzy logic there Sir.

I already have a good handle on the debugging cheats and methods to counter these, but thanks for your suggestion. AutoIt is a big problem in my game and all I want to do is find a way to detect if someone is using it to control the mouse/keys. If AutoIt uses windows APIs and DLLs to control the mouse, can someone at least tell me what these are..

If I can't get help here where can I?!

Steve

im guessing... the functions of user32.dll... for handle the mouse events and key events... kernel32.dll for process and thread managment... ntdll.dll... for more pocess and thread managment.. if your intentions are good you should chat of this with a member of dev group... if you need more information just go to msdn.com and there you have all the info you need about these dll exept ntdll.dll this one doesn´t have documentation... use google for that..!

Edited by monoscout999

im guessing... the functions of user32.dll... for handle the mouse events and key events... kernel32.dll for process and thread managment... ntdll.dll... for more pocess and thread managment.. if your intentions are good you should chat of this with a member of dev group... if you need more information just go to msdn.com and there you have all the info you need about these dll exept ntdll.dll this one doesn´t have documentation... use google for that..!

Ok thats helpful, thank you.

My intentions are greater than my knowledge unfortunately, but not greater than my determination!

Steve