Eve-Online Mining or Hauling script

Hello!

I've searched for a while and can't see to find one, so I am just curious if any of you have played Eve-Online and done any work into macroing the mining or hauling cargo tasks in the game.

I am pretty good at twinking a ready made script, but still can't manage to write my own from scratch.

I guess while I'm here I could ask for some recommendations on how to "learn" to do this myself. I've printed out the online manual, but don't think that's going to teach me everything. Are there general or specific books I should read to help me a get a leg up?

Thanks for the help

Patrick

I've printed out the online manual, but don't think that's going to teach me everything.  Are there general or specific books I should read to help me a get a leg up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to teach yourself and using the helpfile as a reference.

AFAIK there are no "Real" AutoIt books.

this is how i started:

0: made a messagebox.

1: looked at all the examples

(like notepad.au3)

2: tryd to make 1 program run/minimize/log-in all my instantmessage programs.

3: tryd to make a GUI.

(i failed so hard)

4: edit the GUI examples till i came up with wat i wanted.

(gaind a lot of info from that)

5: then tryd to convert scripts from KIX32 to AutoIt

(not so hard since the syntax is almost the same IMO.)

5: converted more complex scripts from VB/C# to Autoit

(like dll calling and COM manipulation)

there are tons of steps between it where i failed or made another useless thing.

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

w0uter

Thanks for the reply. I'll go through the manual. I just have the whole thing mapped out in my head about what I want the script to do. I just don't know how to make it happen. Having never done any thing like this from the ground up makes it hard to start. I imagine what I want is pretty complicated. I did pretty good modifying the fishing macro for WOW, but that;s about it.

That's why I was asking if anyone had done the work for me, so I could modify it for what I want to do. Anyhow... looks like I'll be doing more reading and learning then modifying... which will be better in the long run I suppose. Maybe there is a really good book that covers the concepts of scripting that would apply to any of the programs and languages availlible?

ryeguy

I am honored that for your 26th post since November 27th of 2004 you decided to elighten me as to the nature of or lack there of this forum.

• 1 year later...