modify systray icon of app: make it animated

Hi.

GroupWise Notify has a systray icon. *IF* there is new mail, then a small white envelope is added to the lower left part of the "GroupWise Globe Icon".

Some users coming from Tobit David complain, that they often miss this status "New Mail". The Notify of Tobit David had an animated icon, a "rotating" red circle. In it's center was the number of unread emails. That's defenitely too much, but an animated icon, eg. flashing black / transparent background seems to be OK to me.

Q1: Is it possible to change the "Globe with envelope" with an animated icon in some way?

Q2: How to create animated icons at all? May be, the animation is done by the program by "playing" a row of "one-image-per-icon"-Icons?

Q3: The icon is *NOT* included in the Notify.exe that way, that I could extract it eg. liquidicon.exe

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Animate.au3 is for AutoIt Script, not external prog !

So what could be (ab)used for extrenal progs?

I'm not that familiar with the ICON format: For GIF I know, that there exist animated GIFs, afaik these are just single files but contain of several images, which are "replayed" again and again. Is such an oportunity also available for icons in programs? Then I could try to replace the icon that exe uses for it's sytray icon in case there is new mail. (GroupWise Notify.exe)

Thanks for your repies to both of you, regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

So what could be (ab)used for extrenal progs?

I'm not that familiar with the ICON format: For GIF I know, that there exist animated GIFs, afaik these are just single files but contain of several images, which are "replayed" again and again. Is such an oportunity also available for icons in programs? Then I could try to replace the icon that exe uses for it's sytray icon in case there is new mail. (GroupWise Notify.exe)

Thanks for your repies to both of you, regards, Rudi.

I remember having used PS Tray Factory some years ago...

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts