CCleaner 3.06 & Google Toolbar/Chrome

I hope someone can help me here. I am trying to automate the install of CCleaner 3.06. I know all about the commandline switches available, BUT they do not stop the install of Google Chrome/Toolbar - an option window offered toward the end of the setup process.

I've attached a screenshot of the problem menu screen. No matter what I do I can not config autoIT to deselect the install of these components. It doesn't help that there are 2 possible screens, one for Google Toolbar and the attached screenshot for Chrome. The Window Info seems to pick up the general box containing the tick boxes, but not the tick boxes themselves. Info Window Summary below.

Can anyone help me make the location and deselect the options to install these additional bits of software?

Many thanks

Tegal

==========================================

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: CCleaner v3.06 Setup

Class: #32770

Position: 487, 263

Size: 503, 389

Style: 0x94CA084C

ExStyle: 0x00010100

Handle: 0x0027023C

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Internet Explorer_Server

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: Internet Explorer_Server1

Name:

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]

ID:

Text:

Position: 23, 73

Size: 450, 228

ControlClick Coords: 32, 157

Style: 0x56000000

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x002B01BA

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 545, 518

Cursor ID: 0

Color: 0xFFFFFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

< &Back

&Install

Cancel

www.piriform.com

www.piriform.com

Free! Google Chrome, a faster way to browse the web

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

Install Options

Select any additional options

Advanced

Re the Toolbar vs Chrome browser window. Possibly it only offers the browser if it detects that the Toolbar has been installed - or even installed and uninstalled. Or it rotates on a 1/2 hours basis or something daft like that.

Hi Tegal,

You know the command line switches so the best idea to solve your problem could be to use the slim installer with command line switches. The slim installer has no toolbar stuff so it should be good to use. To get the slim installer, go to the main download page of CCleaner and you will see a builds page link at the bottom of the downloads page. Choose to download the ccsetup306_slim.exe.

Description of slim installer

CCleaner - Slim

Installer, no toolbar

2,143 kb - ccsetup306_slim.exe

Note the size of the slim installer is several hundred kilobytes smaller then the standard installer. :unsure:

Slim version still installs chrome unfortunately

I use slim plus /S (for silent) at work and this is an issue we have there.

Im a little annoyed with Ccleaner as they have always kept this rubbish out of the builds and now are resorting to this kinda stuff which imho is wrong

I think you will find Defraggler is doing the same install as well

Chimaera

Ps maybe creating an uninstaller routine for chrome would be better as you can control that ?

Edited by Chimaera

I have no idea how you are getting chrome installed from the slim installer of CCleaner. I have checked within the installer with 7zip and it is missing the extra files to install the IE or Chrome toolbar or whatever the pfLC.exe does which maybe is the one that does the Chrome browser install. I have uninstalled it and then installed the slim install manually. I have used switches on it. I get no toolbar, no Chrome browser, nothing but CCleaner alone using the slim installer.

IMO, you may have the standard installer that contains an extra folder full of crap in the $PLUGINDIR within the installer. I recommend that you do another check of the installer that you have and get the slim installer if required.

Defraggler and Recuvva also have slim installers. If any of these installers try to force their crap then I will be first to dump the use of them. At the moment, the slim installers have my approval of having no crap.

Edit: Ensure that you clean the temp folder before retesting the slim install as you may have the toolbar or browser setup executables existing there from a previous standard build install.The slim installer may run those crap files if they do exist in the temp folder.

Edited by MHz

Yes, the standard installer contain 'g' folder in the $PLUGINSDIR while the slim version is none.

the slim version should have filename : ccsetup306_slim.exe

[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"]*** The information contained in this post should be considered and certified WORKS ON MY MACHINE ***[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"] [/size][/font]

Yep - spot on. I had the standard installer. Wasn't aware that there was a slim installer, now I know there is no 'crap' I can happily run the silent switch and forget having to worry about scripting the whole install.

Thanks a lot!!

Just for the exercise/knowledge - how would you go about deselecting the checkboxes in a situation like this? Is it possible?

Edited by Tegal

It is possible to automate. It is embedded html being rendered inside the window as the class in AutoIt Info Tool tells you that with "Class: Internet Explorer_Server". You can use _IE* functions to manage the IE rendered html. If you use Firefox or another browser as default html renderer then you may need functions to suit the objects of those browsers.

Run the standard CCleaner installer and then click the next buttons until you get to the embedded html page. Run this example code in a au3 script to show the checkbox being clicked.

#RequireAdmin
#include <IE.au3>

; IE is default browser
If WinExists('CCleaner v3.06 Setup', 'Free! Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer') Then
    ; attach to IE embedded oject within the window
    $oIE = _IEAttach ('CCleaner v3.06 Setup', 'Embedded')
    If IsObj($oIE) Then
        ; get the object by name (html source shows this substring <INPUT type="checkbox" CHECKED id="install1" name="install1">)
        $oInstallChrome = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, 'install1')
        If IsObj($oInstallChrome) Then
            ; click the checkbox to uncheck it
            _IEAction ($oInstallChrome, 'click')
        EndIf
        _IELoadWait ($oIE)
        $oIE = 0
    EndIf
Else
    MsgBox(0x40000, @ScriptName, 'Window not found')
EndIf

You can right click on the html embedded and select "View Source" to get the control ids needed as I did to get the "install1" id. These _IE* functions are included with AutoIt3 as standard functions and can be located in the help file. :unsure:

I use slim plus /S (for silent) at work and this is an issue we have there.

Im a little annoyed with Ccleaner as they have always kept this rubbish out of the builds and now are resorting to this kinda stuff which imho is wrong

I think you will find Defraggler is doing the same install as well

Chimaera

Ps maybe creating an uninstaller routine for chrome would be better as you can control that ?

Don't forget to get hold of the authors and let them know why you are displeased. Until people learn that they are generating negative feelings toward their software when they install the extras by default they will continue to do it that way.

I have nothing against the optional installs but I do object to them being part of the default installation and as soon as a company starts using that method I contact them to let them know why I won't be using their product any longer.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

There was a portable version of CCleaner that could be used instead of the slim version (which apparently is no longer being offered) but you may have to go looking for it.

Just copy the files from the portable version to where you want them and then create whatever shortcuts you need.

If you can't find the portable version then there is still an option.

Download the standard setup package and extract all the files using the appropriate unpacker (I use Universal Extractor written in AutoIt) to do that part.

After you have the files it only takes a few minutes to write your own installer package that will not install any crapware. For that stage I use Inno Setup.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the input - I found the slim installer (had to search on their website for it though - under "other downloads" I think I found it. That allows me to do the install with out the Google stuff.