Possible error with _Security__GetAccountSid?

I wonder if I may have found an error with Security.au3.

I make a call to _Security__GetAccountSid like this:

$bSid = _Security__GetAccountSid($strDomainName & "\" & $strSamid, $strLogonServer)

9 times out of 10 I get back a struct but occasionally my script bottoms out saying:

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\Security.au3 (85) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:  
Return _Security__StringSidToSid($aAcct[0])  
Return _Security__StringSidToSid($aAcct^ ERROR  
->11:34:57 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1  
>Exit code: 1    Time: 174.220

On the lines after the call to _Security__GetAccountSid I check @error before calling IsDllStruct but these lines never get parsed if my script bottoms out as mentioned above.

Any ideas as to a workaround or should I make a bug report?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Malcolm

Edited by malcolmsearle

One workaround involves skipping Security.au3 and calling AdFind from a command prompt like this:

While $strSid = ""

; Grab the user's DN from Active Directory
    $strDn = _GetUserAttribute($strSamid, "distinguishedName")                          ; _GetUserAttribute, my own function to get a single user attribute
    $strOutput = ""
    $strTemp = ""

; Use adFind to grab the user's SID from Active Directory
    $hDOS = Run(@ComSpec & ' /k ' & 'AdFind.exe -b "' & $strDn & '" objectsid', @SystemDir,  @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
    ProcessWaitClose($hDOS)
    While 1
        $strTemp = StdoutRead($hDos)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        $strOutput = $strOutput & $strTemp
    Wend
    $arrTemp = StringSplit($strOutput, @CRLF)                                           ; Convert the AdFind output to an array
    $intI = _ArraySearch($arrTemp, ">objectSid:", 0, 0, 0, 1)                           ; Locate the substring ">objectSid:" in this array; here we'll find the SID
    If Not @error Then $strSid = StringReplace($arrTemp[$intI], ">objectSid: ", "")     ; Store the SID in the string $strSid

If Not StringLeft($strSid, 3) = "S-1" Then $strSid = ""                             ; Does $strSid start with "S-1"? If not, blank it to loop once more

Wend

This works quite nicely. However in testing I noticed that this is around a second slower than an equivalent call to _Security__GetAccountSid. But as I said before, sometimes _Security__GetAccountSid fails so a slightly slower script is to be preferred!

Your workaround is all that shouldn't be done with AutoIt.

Bug is with _Security__LookupAccountName() function. One little tiny overlook, but how expensive. To be learned from.

Ok. Would you be kind enough to give an example? So I could learn from it.

Which you could have said to start with. It was my initial question.

This bug is similar to closed ticket 1393.

I have made a new bug report, number 1920.

Excellent.

Then you know what to do to avoid unwanted termination of the script and errors. Rewrite your _Security__GetAccountSid() to check return value of _Security__LookupAccountName() function and not error value.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Excellent.

Then you know what to do to avoid unwanted termination of the script and errors. Rewrite your _Security__GetAccountSid() to check return value of _Security__LookupAccountName() function and not error value.

So that line 85 which was:

Return _Security__StringSidToSid($aAcct[0])

is replaced by :

If IsArray($aAcct) Then Return _Security__StringSidToSid($aAcct[0])
Return ''

I have added this info to the ticket.

Edited by malcolmsearle