_GUICtrlListView_Create on Tabs

I am trying to get a listview box to work on a tab control. I have spent some time checking the forums, and from what I can tell, the UDF version I am using does not "play nice" with the control. I read where the native versions can be managed by the control. I was trying that first, but was unable to get the specific subitems after hours of trying (need to read them to update a database). So, I figured I would use the UDF version of the listview and "manage" the controls myself. My problem is that I was unable to hide the listview using either guictrlsetstate or winsetstate (suggested in another post). The control still shows "through" each of the tabs. Is there a way to actually hide a listview (UDF version) that resides on a tab control?

Did you try creating the ListView with GUICtrlCreateListView and then use the UDF functions with this ListView? Or could you show us a sample script?

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

• Moderators

Reaper HGN,

The Tabs tutorial in the Wiki shows you how to manage UDF controls on tabs. :unsure:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I was trying to put together the sample code for funkey when I saw Melba's reply. Controlhide <-- that is the answer. Thank you Melba. It looks like it will work perfectly. I didnt even know there was a wiki. I will include that in my searches in the future.

Thanks again!

• Moderators

Reaper HGN,

You can thank rover for the ControlHide/Show idea - my initial tutorial code just showed how bad the problem was using other solutions! :unsure:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 1 month later...

This thread seems close enough in subject, and recent enough, to not bother creating a new one.

Additional grief with a listview within a tab control:

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
;#include <GuiTab.au3>

$GUI = GUICreate("", 430, 330, 80,80)
;$hTab = _GUICtrlTab_Create($GUI, 5, 5, 420, 320)
;_GUICtrlTab_InsertItem($hTab, 0, "A tab control")
$tab = GUICtrlCreateTab(5, 5, 420, 320)
$tab0 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("A tab control")
$hListView = _GUICtrlListView_Create($GUI, "", 12, 32, 390, 260)
;_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($hListView, $LVS_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER)
_GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListView, 0, "A listview control", 380)
_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "Minimize, then restore this window", 0)
For $x = 1 to 5
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "line " & $x & "................................", $x)
Next
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("")
GUISetState()
_GUICtrlListView_ClickItem($hListView, 3, "left")

;_GUICtrlListView_SetItem($hListView, "Launch, position, then exit notepad...", 0)
;Sleep(2000)
;ShellExecute("notepad.exe")
;ProcessWait("notepad.exe")
;WinMove("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 140, 195)
;Sleep(5000)
;ProcessClose("notepad.exe")

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
GUIDelete()

If you minimize, then restore this script, the listview does not repaint.

Similar results exhibit if you place another window on top of the listview, and then close the other window.

The portion of the listview underneath is also erased with the top-most window. The commented out section of code simulates this alternate avenue of displaying the tab/listview redraw issues.

Would anyone have a suggestion?

I've tried tinkering with a WM_NOTIFY message-handling routine and so far have had no luck.

There's nothing wrong with that script on my machine, Win7 Enterprise x86. The Listview displays just fine whether or not I minimize or cover it with another window. I've seen reports like this where it's the video driver on the machine, or just the computer it's being run on is having issues.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator