Checkbox status in a SysTreeView32

:unsure: Hi,

While looking at topics from this forum, I saw a lot of topics talking about checkboxes in treeviews, but none resolved my problem.

There is my problem

Posted Image

I've tried hard to find a way to get the checkboxes status...but "False" is always the answer i receive.

I've tried _GUICtrlTreeView_GetChecked and ControlTreeView...and I always have the same issue.

Maybe I don't correctly use those functions.

GetText option in ControlTreeView gives my the text of the checkbox, then, I'm ok on a part of the problem :>

If someone could help me, it would be great.

(I need it because I'm building a unattended Windows format system. I have all the AutoIt programs to install my stuff. But, to be sure of the quality of the job, I'm building a format verification system that verifies all the steps of installation. I want to see if the 2 xheckboxes on the picture are checked. Yeah, I could only tell AutoIt to check the boxes, but if they aren't checked, then something happened in the installation. Then, I have to verify.)

I hope I'm understandable...

((Sorry, if some sentences or words seem weird...english is my second language ;) ))

Edited by ravenwish

hi ravenwish,

These settings (cascading items in the start menu), are stored in the registry.

Have you tried to simply use a couple RegWrite() statements?

Example (for Win XP):

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "CascadeNetworkConnections", "REG_SZ", "Yes")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "CascadePrinters", "REG_SZ", "Yes")

Using HKEY_CURRENT_USER makes these changes on a per user basis. Alternatively, for system wide configuration, you can use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Also, you may want to check the help file for more information on RegWrite(), so you can add error checking to your code.

Hope this helps :unsure:

-smartee

hi ravenwish,

These settings (cascading items in the start menu), are stored in the registry.

Have you tried to simply use a couple RegWrite() statements?

Example (for Win XP):

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "CascadeNetworkConnections", "REG_SZ", "Yes")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "CascadePrinters", "REG_SZ", "Yes")

Using HKEY_CURRENT_USER makes these changes on a per user basis. Alternatively, for system wide configuration, you can use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Also, you may want to check the help file for more information on RegWrite(), so you can add error checking to your code.

Hope this helps :>

-smartee

Cool, thanks!!!

It's the best way to do it...I just didn't really think about it :unsure:

I'll be able to do my verification too ^^

Thank smartee