Fraps hotkey not working for my script

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to this, and I'm trying to write a script that will open a video file while fraps is running, and then using the fps benchmarking hotkey, find out what the average fps is for the first N seconds/minutes of the video. I've written my code, and sometimes it decides to work, but other times it wont...

ShellExecute("C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe", FileGetShortName("C:\Users\Ozan\Videos\28 Days Later - Trailer.avi"))
WinWaitActive("VLC media player")
Send("{f10 down}")
Sleep(500)
Send("{f10 up}")
Sleep(10000)
Send("{f10 down}")
Sleep(500)
Send("{f10 up}")

Any help would be appreciated!

Have you already tried with Send and ControlSend commands?

If I remember well Fraps doesn't need to keep hotkeys pressed to record, it just needs you to press the hotkey once to start recording the screen and once again to stop. It's the only thing I can think of now.

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

FRAPS does this within the Program. Min Max Avg and a time amount.... If you don't have the full program or latest that might be the issue.

I attached Screen Shot of FRAPS and 2 files (they are really CSV files but can't upload those)

So this would be easy to do open file play press hot-key and then read file.... Truly though it is benchmarking you not the movie if you look at my txt files you will see crappy FPS but I am logged in remotely so video is not high

post-8340-0-43207000-1304525699_thumb.pn

GOM 2011-05-04 09-13-48-50 minmaxavg.txt

GOM 2011-05-04 09-13-48-50 fps.txt