Simple network controls

Is it possible for a very simple listening server to be set up so that a "client" can connect TO the "server" and then that connection be used to communicate to the client? I found a great tutorial online on how to make a very simple client/server setup where the client can connect to the server and send data and the server can recieve it and show it in a msgbox. I would like to adapt this idea to have a client contact the server, to that connection can be used to send "commands" to the client to make things easier for the "client" so they don't need to do port forwarding or anything, since they are simply connecting to the "server" outbound.

Is it possible for a very simple listening server to be set up so that a "client" can connect TO the "server" and then that connection be used to communicate to the client?

yes

I found a great tutorial online on how to make a very simple client/server setup where the client can connect to the server and send data and the server can recieve it and show it in a msgbox.

which one?

I would like to adapt this idea to have a client contact the server, to that connection can be used to send "commands" to the client to make things easier for the "client" so they don't need to do port forwarding or anything, since they are simply connecting to the "server" outbound.

do you have any code yet?

what commands are you trying to send?

why does the client need to know anything more than a Port/IP of Router of Server?

configure the server-script on @IPAddress1 on port#specified

configure the router to forward packets on port#specified to the server.exe

configure the client to connect to routerIP on port#specified

thats all you really need to know about connecting computers and port forwarding over a network

and

those are the two parts to the tutorial.

I have no code any more, I was just playing around with the idea that I could send an exe to someone and any person who runs that exe will connect to my server so that I have to specifically allow their exe to perform other actions rather than them just going on their merry way doing all the goodness without permission. I just thought it would be a nice thing. But a) it looks like you cant have more than 1 client connecting to the same server (i think unless you majorly do some jigery pokery with the code and beef it up) and :unsure: I could use it for identity control by sending computer name and username etc to be written into a log.

Seems like its too much work to get it all done. I am still newbie to all this. Im doing good so far though.

a) not true. multiclient servers are fairly easy to create, just loops, tcpaccept, and arrays.

:unsure: true