GUI Resize - Tab Control

Hi,

After Adding Tab control, if the user selects to resize the window, the TAB control is not moving according to the new window resizing.

Is there any why to get the control resizing during the window resizing?

Thanks,

Ziv

Perhaps have a look at GUICtrlSetResizing()

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

You have to use the DOCK styles:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 615, 438, -1, -1, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI,$WS_SIZEBOX,$WS_THICKFRAME))
$Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(24, 32, 561, 377)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKRIGHT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT)
$TabSheet1 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("TabSheet1")
$TabSheet2 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("TabSheet2")
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Tab1
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

In your example if I'll change the line

to

$Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(90, 32, 561, 377)

Then resize the window you will notice that the control X size will not change.

you can see the differents if you add the line:

$Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button", 24,10, 100)

Thanks,

Ziv

Hmm, I don't know what you mean exactly.

Here another example:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 658, 435, -1, -1, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI,$WS_SIZEBOX,$WS_THICKFRAME))
$Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(56, 8, 601, 425)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKRIGHT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT)
$Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 72, 48, 569, 369)
GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Blahh Blahh Blahh")
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKRIGHT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM)
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 5)
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("")
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 8, 8, 43, 41, $BS_ICON)
GUICtrlSetImage(-1, "C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll", -216)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $Button1
            Exit
        Case $Tab1
        Case $Edit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

I mean i you place the button in place X (x,y) and the tab in place X (x,y-10).

you will see that during the resize (horizontal) i would expect that both cotrol will show at the X point (Coordinate)

Lets say X2 is the button and x1 is the tab w is the windows borders s spaces

Window_1:

wwwwwwwwwwwww

w ssssssssssw

w sssX1ssss w

w sssX2ssss w

w ssssssssssw

w ssssssssssw

wwwwwwwwwwwww

Windows_2: after resizing

wwwwwwww

wssssssw

wsssX1sw

wsX2sssw

wssssssw

wwwwwwww

expected:

wwwwwwww

wssssssw

wssX1ssw

wsX2sssw

wssssssw

wwwwwwww

Thanks

No,

I little bit abrupt if I might add, UEZ is at least trying to help, which can't be said for you. I would highly recommend reading the Help File and using what can only be said as a "brilliant" Example by UEZ to learn from. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

You want that the button on x axis is the same as the x axis from the tab. That means when you resize the window button and tab should stay on same x coordinate.

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 615, 438, -1, -1, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI,$WS_SIZEBOX,$WS_THICKFRAME))
$TabSheet2 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("TabSheet2")
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("")
$Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button", 24, 6, 100)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

If not I will give up...

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ