TCP

hi

I'm trying to create a script that will add items to a list of data online (like a database)

I've managed to do it using a hidden embedded browser but i'm sure there's a better way. so i wonder if i can do this through TCP sending packets of data. Is it possible and how would i go about doing this?

Thanks

Edited by tsolrm

What does "like a database" mean? What is it, actually? Once you embed a browser, how does that achieve it?

If you just want to do HTTP without a browser instance, perhaps look for WinHTTP UDF in Example Scripts?

:unsure:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

What does "like a database" mean? What is it, actually? Once you embed a browser, how does that achieve it?

If you just want to do HTTP without a browser instance, perhaps look for WinHTTP UDF in Example Scripts?

:unsure:

http://flexlists.com/view.php?list_id=17254

yes, i want to do precisely that. i don't want to keep using a browser when downloading or uploading stuff. But i also want to learn how to use TCP if you could point to any manuals on how to read packets using autoit i would be greatful

NO THEY WONT. THEY ARE JUST A BUNCH OF STUPID GEEKS THAT THINK THEY ARE COOL BECAUSE THEY ARE ON THIS FORUM. I ASKED ABOUT NETWORK PROGRAMMING BECAUSE I WANTED TO MAKE A BOT AND THEY BLOCKED MY THREAT. THEN I ASKED FOR A NETWORK PROGRAMMING GUIDE BECAUSE I WANTED TO LEARN NETWORK PROGRAMMING FOR A COMPLETE DIFFERENT REASON BUT THEY STILL BLOCK MY POST! THIS SUCKS. I AM NEVER USING AUTOIT FORUMS AGAIN CAUSE ITS ALL BULLSHIT!!!!!! FUCK YOU ALL!!!

Ahem... meanwhile, OUTSIDE the asylum... :unsure:

@tsolrm: Look inside the to see how that does its transfers using WinHttp.dll.

If you want to learn to do TCP transactions that don't involve HTTP, then you might look instead into the

:>

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Ahem... meanwhile, OUTSIDE the asylum... :unsure:

@tsolrm: Look inside the to see how that does its transfers using WinHttp.dll.

If you want to learn to do TCP transactions that don't involve HTTP, then you might look instead into the

:>

Thank you so much!