Help with RichEdit needed

I started this routine using plain old Edit. But I was having trouble getting the columns to line up correctly. So I switched to RichEdit. Besides the tweak to the creation command I simply changed Edit to RichEdit. The control spread out to fill the window and all the text disappeared.

I think I have hit a wall in getting past this problem so help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Func Print()

Local $printEdit

$printID = GUICreate("Tweak printing", 706, 638, 20, 20)
    $printHID= GUICtrlGetHandle($printID)
    $printPrint = GUICtrlCreateButton("Print", 3, 3, 75, 24)
    $printCancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 80, 3, 75, 24)
    $printEdit = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create ($printHID, "Test", 3, 40, 500, 400, BitOR($ES_MULTILINE, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL))

;   Column Widths
    $S1 = IniRead($Name & ".ini", "Column Size", "Title", 200)
    $S2 = IniRead($Name & ".ini", "Column Size", "Price", 80)
    $S3 = IniRead($Name & ".ini", "Column Size", "Quatity", 80)
    $S4 = IniRead($Name & ".ini", "Column Size", "Genre", 80)

;   Column Header Names
    $HN1 = PadRight(IniRead($Name & ".ini", "Column Header", "Title", "Title"),$S1)
    $HN2 = PadRight(IniRead($Name & ".ini", "Column Header", "Price", "Price"),$S2)
    $HN3 = PadRight(IniRead($Name & ".ini", "Column Header", "Quanity", "Quanity"), $S3)
    $HN4 = PadRight(IniRead($Name & ".ini", "Column Header", "Genre", "Genre"), $S4)

;   Display Headers
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetText($printEdit, "Reel Imports" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendText($printEdit, $HN1 & $HN2 & $HN3 & $HN4 & @CRLF); Headers

GUISetState()

For $a = 0 To UBound($Data) - 1
        $HD1 = PadRight($Data[$a][0], $S1)
        $HD2 = PadRight($Data[$a][1], $S2)
        $HD3 = PadRight($Data[$a][2], $S3)
        $HD4 = PadRight($Data[$a][3], $S4)
        _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendText($printEdit, $HD1 & $HD2 & $HD3 & $HD4 & @CRLF)
    Next

GUISetState()

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                KeyTap(@ScriptLineNumber)
                GUIDelete($printHID)
                $printHID = ""
                ExitLoop
            Case $printCancel
                GUIDelete($printHID)
                $printHID = ""
                ExitLoop
            Case $printPrint
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

EndFunc   ;==>Print

Func PadRight($string, $count)

$string = StringStripWS($string,3)

$Count = $Count/6
    For $a = 1 to $count
        $string = $string & " "
    Next
    Return StringLeft($string, $count)

EndFunc
[size="2"]The second mouse gets the cheese[/size]

• Moderators

JAFN,

Why are you not using a ListView? :unsure: It was designed to display data in nicely aligned columns. :>

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

JAFN,

Why are you not using a ListView? :unsure: It was designed to display data in nicely aligned columns. :>

M23

The origin data is in a listview but now I am trying to get it ready to send it to the printer.

The origin data is in a listview but now I am trying to get it ready to send it to the printer.

Nevermind, checked all my assumptions and have figured it out.

What was the result so others might learn :unsure:

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018