GUI Functions

Hi

Is it possible if some one could say if the following is possible with Autoit

I would like to build a workflow that would be accesible over the web with user logging in, the work would be populated via emails the system would need to read and certain folders populated based on the output of this work

1. Is it possible to download email then parse each mail with a complex Regex and create Pdf with regex result

2. Is it possible to create a workflow enviroment with AutoIt with several form boxes being populated with data from each email

3. Is it possible to create Pdf's

Is it also possible to advise where to look in order to start all this

Sorry if this is pretty basic stuff but just looking at ideas to improve some work areas

Many thanks in advance

Grant

Doing it as a web application implies AutoIt is the wrong tool for you.

No, AutoIt cannot create PDFs on its own, but it can use other tools to accomplish that. Again, if you are creating a web app, AutoIt is the wrong tool for this.

:unsure:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Doing it as a web application implies AutoIt is the wrong tool for you.

No, AutoIt cannot create PDFs on its own, but it can use other tools to accomplish that. Again, if you are creating a web app, AutoIt is the wrong tool for this.

Thanks for the reesponse

Now i know a web function is not possible, would it be possible to run over a network ?

The main bulk of the program would be situated on the server and the exe's on each pc that would need to access the application.

What i would like to do is have a screen that would be viewable to several people with options from several screens

I am familar with creating pdf's from command with various applications

Thanks again for your comments Grant

Last question i promise :unsure:

We use a workflow presently at work through Asp pages and another application that incorparates VB etc

This whole process has cost over 10k at present and is far from finished and needs a further 10k to get close to what we want

This is way to expensive to continue, hence me looking at AutoIt and need to know if the screen shot i have attached can be replicated in anyway through the Gui console, (Unable to attach)

Can the system open a preset page and then populate the Gui within this page, i just need to have a specific background that gets run prior to the user seeing the populated Gui screen

The system we use is not to complicate as the bulk of the work is done by reading and parsing emails and then data populated into various boxes within the screen and the user selects or rejects that job

any help would be greatly appreciated as i cannot see on the help files what is possible or not on this

Thanks

Grant

I'm still not sure what you are asking, but if you want the client to open a web page and fill in some fields in a web form, then AutoIt can do it in IE at least using the _IE* functions of the IE.au3 UDF (see help file).

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

We recieve emails daily that contains many Job that need to be processed by various people across the office and what im trying to achieve is read the mail and seperate each job and process them individually.

But to process them as there are many thousands is have have some sort of workflow system

Job would read the mail and each job would populate the GUI screen with data and the user then selects and add data, the system then places that job into various folders based on the data the user selected

Once they finish that job the next job in the mail is populated into the GUI

I would need several people at once using the same system but across the same network,

As explained we do this at present via ASP across the web but it so expensive and it is far from finished

Obviously it is bit more complex than this, but is the general idea and if this section is possible then i know what i need is capable through AutoIt and GUI

Thanks again for your Input]

Grant