_IEAttach(), Trusted Sites, and Local Intranet

I am experiencing a problem and hope I can get some help here.

The surface symptom is that my script throws an "AutoIt Error" box that says, "Error: The requested action with this object has failed." The referenced line number is not meaningful.

The script in question uses _IEAttach() to attach to an exisiting IE window and populate a text box within it (for what it's worth, it's an SAP CRM application). The script does not use _IECreate() at all.

Investigation has revealed that the domain from which the page originates is:

1. In the IE Local Intranet list.

2. NOT in the IE Trusted Sites list.

If the domain is added to the Trusted Sites list, the problem does not occur.

I would have thought that having a domain in Local Intranet was more permissive than having it in Trusted Sites.

Can anyone offer insight into what's happening here, and how I might solve the problem? Keeping the domain in Trusted Sites is proscribed by security restrictions.

Thanks.

All right, but why does it matter if I am not using _IECreate()? I am not asking IE to navigate to a new page.

What could _IEAttach() be doing that bothers IE, and is there a way to attach without causing the problem?

It's not easily possible to adjust the browser settings to accomodate my script. I'd rather adjust the script to accommodate the environment.

Thanks.

Edited by HazyDavy

What operating system? The line number for the error may in fact be meaningful. Also suggest adding _IEErrorHandlerRegister() to your script and see what else may be generated to the console. There are security restrictions in IE that prevent working accross security zones and you'll find information in MSDN about it.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thanks, Dale.

It's Windows XP, SP 3 (I think it's SP 3).

> The line number for the error may in fact be meaningful.

The line number referenced in the error is, in my script, an EndFunc line. The function it ends is not being called in the present test. How would I convert that line number to a more meaningful location in my code?

I'll see what I can do with _IEErrorHandlerRegister().