Question about AutoIt limit..

Ive made a browsing tool to browse your intire PC.. but at a point it wont show the items anymore, i guees thats because of the limit of controls that can be created.. but when im using:

_GUICtrlListViewDeleteAllItems and _GUICtrlTreeViewDeleteAllItems does it deletes the item completely so i can make new ones, or do i have to restart my script?

Ive made a browsing tool to browse your intire PC.. but at a point it wont show the items anymore, i guees thats because of the limit of controls that can be created.. but when im using:

_GUICtrlListViewDeleteAllItems and _GUICtrlTreeViewDeleteAllItems does it deletes the item completely so i can make new ones, or do i have to restart my script?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

definitly listviewitems are controls so you get the 4093 max controls.

I was afraid of what can be done with those _GUICtrl... UDF functions and you get what I was afraid by.

Those functions call directly Windows API without calling AutoItGUI functions so you are right they don't release resource used by AutoIT here the Control

I hope Gafrost can do something. :)

definitly listviewitems are controls so you get the 4093 max controls.

I was afraid of what can be done with those _GUICtrl... UDF functions and you get what I was afraid by.

Those functions call directly Windows API without calling AutoItGUI functions so you are right they don't release resource used by AutoIT here the Control

I hope Gafrost can do something. :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what i was afraid of... with these new great betas, people starts to make more advanced programs witch often use alot of controls... like browsing! - so making a browser at this point is useless because of this limit.. i hope this is going to be fixed :)

That's what i was afraid of... with these new great betas, people starts to make more advanced programs witch often use alot of controls... like browsing! - so making a browser at this point is useless because of this limit.. i hope this is going to be fixed :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From the internal point of view of AutoIt code I don't intent to extend the limits.

Remember AutoIt is a script language it is not design to replace C++ or other language. So you have to choose what is the right environment to develop your application.

At least you can do some quick proof of concept using AutoIt :evil: