How to get/set trackbar value of other application using AutoItX in .NET?

First, I want to thank you very much for a tool that let me feel like a Windows God :>

And now to the topic...

I know how to do it in pure AutoIt and I know how to use AutoItX with .NET app, but _GUICtrlSlider_GetPos is not included in AutoItX. Is there some workaround for this?

One more. It's probably not possible but I have to ask. Is it doable for you to give us possibility to compile au3 script not only to exe file but to dll too? I could use this dll in .NET and maybe AutoItX wouldn't be needed in most cases. No, it's too beautiful to be possible :unsure: ?

I'll answer the questions in order.

1. You just have to translate _GUICtrlSlider_GetPos. It's not difficult considering most of those functions just wrap WinApi calls.

2. No. AutoIt scripts are not compiled and still exist in script form when sent to an exe file. This prevents any AutoIt functions from being exported as a dll would require.

If I may add regarding Richard Robertson's second answer...

You can "export" any user defined function from a script if you use relatively new feature available to AotoItObject users. It's basically possible to have script as COM server, meaning you can add wanted functions as methods of exported object. After you create object (get from ROT) in your app, script function is at your disposal. Find AutoItObject thread in examples forum, there are few examples posted there and in AutoItObject package.

It's actually simpler (and better) than it sounds at first.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE