Advice for managing tasks in the background

Hi all, newbie here,

I need some advice on how I can script mundane tasks in the background while I am doing other work. I am afraid the input from mouse and keyboard will conflict with the script running in the background. Following is my case:

I have an Access-based program which I want to do selections within. Whenever I select tasks within the program it uses considerable time, every time. The selections are predictable, which means they can be scripted. I would like to work in other programs while these selections are being made.

I guess I am looking for a command that makes AutoIt stop listening to keyboard and mouse inputs, and also monitors the status of the Access program.

Is the following procedure correct?

When a selection is ready in the Access program, AutoIt will have to: disable user inputs, switch to Access, select the selection, switch back to the program the user was running, enable user input.

Or, can AutoIt somehow make commands in background Windows processes?

Thanks in advance for responses!

Autoit can automate most windows based things.

I dont know what examples you have seen of autoit, but it dosent just move a mouse and send some keys, it can interact with applications on a completely different level.

I am not however, familiar with access.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

@JohnOne

"it dosent just move a mouse and send some keys, it can interact with applications on a completely different level"

This was how I was using it last time. Any idea what the concept of this layered interaction is called?

@Zedna

I haven't started on the script yet, because I need to figure out the underlying structure first.