Angry Birds Physics Idea

So, today, I'm bored at working, looking through the support forum to see if I can help anyone...which is mostly no, because I'm not that skilled, but I do my best. I had an epiphany! What if I wrote a script that calculated the physics in Angry Birds. I have taken physics classes in the past, and remember studying Angular Projectile Motion. It seems that AutoIt supports all the mathematical computations that would be required. Wanted to get some opinions on this idea.... :unsure:

If only it was that easy. I need to somehow figure out the velocity of the bird. That is the first task. Then I will need to somehow use the x and y displacement that is in meters, and somehow make that useable in pixels. I believe there is a meter -> inches -> pixels conversion that I might be able to use...not sure yet

If only it was that easy. I need to somehow figure out the velocity of the bird. That is the first task. Then I will need to somehow use the x and y displacement that is in meters, and somehow make that useable in pixels. I believe there is a meter -> inches -> pixels conversion that I might be able to use...not sure yet

You also must remember that there are several different species of birds which travel at varying velocities.

Cool. I had one other question... how would you make sure that your bird gets the perfect launch? I say have your script monitor your mouse movements as you're about to launch then let you know when it's exactly at the calculated spot. What do you think?

This is going to be a lot of work...after looking into it further...haha...maybe I better come up with something easier

Or...not do it - referring to Angry Birds stuff - at all and not discuss it here. lol

If you want some stuff to do that make you think a little, head over to projecteuler.net.

Edited by MrMitchell

Well, the flight path of the birds seems not the problem to me but the other physics might be the problem (collapsing elements).

A good start could be this link: Physic Engine

Have fun with learning the math behind the engine! :unsure:

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ