What Commands do I need to research to do the following?

It's been a few years since I've used autoit. Some direction would be helpful.

Some of these functions/commands I would need to do the following I know. However what you may suggest might be better then what I was thinking to use. And some I'm not sure what functions/command to research in the helpfile.

Need to be able to do the following.

1. Copy a text from an excel file that has a list that I will be running through.

2. Goto Webpage Widget

3. Paste in text from the excel list that was copied into a field on the Widget Webpage.

4. Click particular button to goto next page.

5. Copy info between certain static text on the new Widget Webpage.

6. Create a .txt file and paste the copied info into the text.

7. Save the .txt file with the name of the text copied from the excel file.

8. Goto the next text on the list in the excel file.

The following functions can be used to read the contents of the excel file to an array: (In order) _ExcelBookOpen(), _ExcelReadArray(), _ExcelBookClose()

The website part is hard to answer as not all websites work the same, but you could do worse than checking out _IECreate() and related functions.

In any case you want to loop through the previously created array using a For....To....Next loop to perform the same set of actions for each item.

The result can be written, using FileWrite(). (captain obvious to the rescue)

For more substantial advise with the website it might help if you would provide the url and/or source.

I assume you're trying tro enter ordernumber in the

textarea id="trackNums"
control.You can probably do this using _IE functions, but it looks like you can also just embed the order number in an url, which should be better for performance.

You could just use something like this:

_IENavigate($oIE,"http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&WBPM_lid=homepage%2Fct1.html_pnl_trk&trackNums=" & $sTrackNumber & "&track.x=Track")

But it will be even faster if you could use

_INetGetSource("http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&WBPM_lid=homepage%2Fct1.html_pnl_trk&trackNums="   & $sTrackNumber & "&track.x=Track")

and extract the info you want from the source.

While making cash is always nice I can't commit to anything and I don't think the mods like if the forum is used to request payed work, but why pay if you can get help for free?

Edit: If you set up something that you think should work and report any problems here you will probably get a lot of help.

I suggest you try to read the excel file first with the functions I suggested earlier. You can check if you successfully read the file using _ArrayDisplay()

Edited by Tvern

I assume you're trying tro enter ordernumber in the

textarea id="trackNums"
control.You can probably do this using _IE functions, but it looks like you can also just embed the order number in an url, which should be better for performance.

You could just use something like this:

_IENavigate($oIE,"http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&WBPM_lid=homepage%2Fct1.html_pnl_trk&trackNums=" & $sTrackNumber & "&track.x=Track")

But it will be even faster if you could use

_INetGetSource("http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&WBPM_lid=homepage%2Fct1.html_pnl_trk&trackNums="   & $sTrackNumber & "&track.x=Track")

and extract the info you want from the source.

While making cash is always nice I can't commit to anything and I don't think the mods like if the forum is used to request payed work, but why pay if you can get help for free?

Edit: If you set up something that you think should work and report any problems here you will probably get a lot of help.

I suggest you try to read the excel file first with the functions I suggested earlier. You can check if you successfully read the filse using _ArrayDisplay()

Couldn't work on this like I planned during the day. Will hop on this soon as I get home.