On access Attribute changer

Dear Sir,

I am a new in Auto-it programming. I want a script which will monitor every files attribute while opening a Folder or Drive. The script will change the file attributes (Unchecked the Read Only) whether the files are read only or not. Please help me with this script. I will be very grateful. :unsure:

Edited by rafu5418

I'm sure you will get help, just as soon as you post the script you need help with.

Yes, you forgot to add it.

Sorry i didnt have the script im trying to build it.. please help

i want that -- when i visit each folder or file the script will check the file and change the attribute..

FileSetAttrib("C:\*","-R", 1)

But I rather wouldn't use it on C:\ :unsure:

Thank you for the reply i know this function.. i want this function activeate when i visit every drive or folder.

example like this

$e= current drive or folder
$f= current files 
'Action = apply the changes
FileSetAttrib($e,"*.*", "-R", 1)

sorry i am new on auto-it syntax

#include <Process.au3>
;---
ProcessSetPriority("KeepDir", 0)
While 1
;
If Not FileSetAttrib(@WorkingDir & "*.*", "-R-H-S") Then
    MsgBox(4096,"Error", "Problem setting attributes.")
EndIf
WEnd

the problem is it's not changing the attributes while i am browsing my windows explorer or desktop. it's only running where is the script is..

please tel me how i can change the files attribute when i visit the drive, folder, or desktop..'

thank you..

Hi friends,

I am trying to make a script which will unchecked the (read only) mode from files. i am new to the autoit. i made a code which is not working properly. it just working on a script folder not out side of that folder.

please help me to make this script. i want this script to Change the Attributes while browsing windows explorer.

#include <Process.au3>
;---
ProcessSetPriority("KeepDir", 0)
While 1
FileSetAttrib(@WorkingDir & "*.*", "-R-H-S") 
WEnd

You already have a topic open asking for this, and besides, this is the wrong forum for asking for help.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

the problem is it's not changing the attributes while i am browsing my windows explorer or desktop. it's only running where is the script is..

I like jumping into the General forum once in a while when I'm bored. It's like the wild west over here.

The problem is your lack of understanding about how windows works, how autoit works, and how the functions you're abusing work. Your biggest hurdle is going to be figuring out how to monitor when you change directories in explorer.

The reason for your previous failure, is @WorkingDir gets the current working directory of your AutoIt script, most likely (in your case) the same as @ScriptDir.

Frankly I don't think you have any clue what you're trying to do here, or why. Do you have any idea the unnecessary processing you would incur running this routine every time you change a directory? Regardless that I can't think of any reason you'd want this functionality, you are much better off making this an on-demand process via hotkey or tray icon context menu.

Edited by wraithdu

Thread locked and your other two threads created in the wrong forum are deleted. You are now on moderator preview until you learn how to actually use this forum. If your posts continue to be in the wrong forum you will be removed.

Do not open a new thread on this topic or you will be removed.

Edited by Valik

• Developers

where this threat moved?

Yes... are you totally stupid or what ??????????

Also deleted the 2 other created topics on this same subject in the wrong forum as well.

Just open another one and I WILL ban your ass for a while.

Jos

EDIT: Looks like you got yourself enough attention here...

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)