Write script to an .ini file

Is it possible to write the whole script to an .ini file, and then just compile an .exe file that will read all the script (line by line) from the .ini file?

Its just because i often have to change some values and then its tie-ring if i always have to compile the script on each computer where i a make the changes.

It would be much handier to have all the code in an .ini file, which i can then edit as i wish (the same way i can edit a .bat script)

thank you for help

What is to stop you having the main part as Autoit code (Gui, checkboxes etc etc) and the important parameters in the .ini (data that goes with the checkboxes etc etc )

Sections to look for in the helpfile

IniWrite

IniRead

IniWriteSection

IniReadSection

are just a few to look at.

Edited by Chimaera

You can write the whole script to a .au3 file, then use the AutoIt executable (which is already compiled, so that saves some time) to read and run that file. Like this: AutoIt3.exe myscript.au3. Another way is to just write the variables that change to a .ini file, and have the script (compiled or not) read from the INI file when it needs to.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.