PixelSearch an application.

WinGetPos will also do this

it gives you the x,y of the upper left corner as well as the width and height of the window.

So

your your upper left of the search would be x,y and your lower right corner would be x+width,y+height

$pos=WinGetPos("lol")

$search=PixelSearch($pos[0],$pos[1],$pos[0]+$pos[2],$pos[1]+$pos[3],0x000000)

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

WinGetPos will also do this

it gives you the x,y of the upper left corner as well as the width and height of the window.

So

your your upper left of the search would be x,y and your lower right corner would be x+width,y+height

$pos=WinGetPos("lol")

that´s better than mine :unsure:

• Moderators

Is there anyway to search for a pixel in a application instead of my whole desktop

PixelCoordMode:

Sets the way coords are used in the pixel functions, either absolute coords or coords relative to the window defined by hwnd (default active window):

0 = relative coords to the defined window

1 = absolute screen coordinates (default)

2 = relative coords to the client area of the defined window

When you use the AutoItInfo tool to get the coordinates you want to search, you make sure you change it to Client coord mode ( Options -> Coord Mode -> Client ).

If you're only ever going to use client coord mode, at the top of your script you use:

Opt("PixelCoordMode", 2)

And use the handle to the window you want to use in PixelSearch() / PixelGetColor() ( last parameter usually ).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

ok heres what Im trying to do:

when i press my "find" button on my gui, i want it to move the mouse to a program called "lol"

Then I want it to search for a pixel (0x00000) in the program (lol)

once its found i want it to msgbox " you have the pixel"

here what i have so far:

Case $Find
            WinActivate ( "lol" )

$Pixel1 = PixelSearch ( 0, 0, @programcalledlol, @programcalledlol, 0x000000)

Yeah, we get a lot from that :unsure:

I mean, other than the fact that you're trying to use a macro ( @ ) that doesn't exist, and of course it fails.

To move the mouse, look at the help file for Mouse* functions.

To get Coordinates, look at Win* functions.

When/If what you do fails, put something together that someone could run from their desktop replacing your app/window name with their own. Then post for help.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Is there a way to pixelsearch half of an application. like i have a program called "lol" and its 500 x 500. i want it to search "lol" by 250 x 250 for a pixel, instead of it searching the whole program.

hope im putting it right :unsure:

yes ... using maths... you have to know where to search...

when you call pixelsearch() func.. you have to put the coords of a recttangle area... 4 points.. the pixelsearch() func search inside that area the color you want and return an arrat variable..

look..

for search in a square area who starts in the top left of the screen and have 250 pixels of width and 250 pixels of height

$colorfound = pixelsearch(0,0,250,250,0xFFFFFF)
If NOT @error then
msgbox(0,"pixel found!",The pixel is on the "&$colorfound[0]$" of X coord, and "&$colorfound[1]&" of coord Y")
else
msgbox(0,"pixel NOT found", "the color has not found")
endif

sorry my bad english...

in a while i put the example to look in your windows....

EDIT comming.....

well ... reading your post what you want is this..

$pos=WinGetPos("lol")
winactivate("lol")
If NOT @error then
msgbox(0,"pixel found!",The pixel is on the "&$search[0]$" of X coord, and "&$search[1]&" of coord Y")
else
msgbox(0,"pixel NOT found", "the color has not found")
endif

if you want to search a partial part use maths and brain is not so hard.... i can{t explaint it better because i don´t know how to say it on english... but men is not so hard..

you have to define four points only... be cleaver use maths and brain :>

Edited by monoscout999

In one of my programs, I generally search for a colour across a wide zone, and once I get a match I zoom in my search zone to a 50x50 area and scan it again for a change. Once it changes, I have it do something else. It's much faster for me to do it that way.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

ok lol im having another problem with this.

the programs size is 1000 x 1000 and its called "lol"

and what im trying to do is that when my 1st checkbox is checked it will search that program (lol) for a pixel (0x000000) in area 250 x 750 and then msgbox pixel is found....

and if the 2nd checkbox is checked, then i want it to search that program (lol) for a pixel in area 500 x 750 and msgbox pixel is found.

Case $Find
            If $CheckBox = 1 Then
                WinActivate ( "lol" )
            Do
                $Pixel2 = PixelSearch ( 250, 750, 1000, 1000, 0x000000) 
            Until Not @Error
                            MsgBox ( Pixel found  ) 

Else
                        WinActivate ( "lol" )
            Do
                $Pixel2 = PixelSearch ( 500, 750, 1000, 1000, 0x000000)
            Until Not @Error
MsgBox ( Pixel Found) ; I know that msgbox is wrong, i just setting example.

EndIf

hope im putting this right lol...

two things... use tidy toll before posting is much easier to look the script that way... the second is a question... are you complety sure that the area that you define for the pixelsearch function is what you want??

the four values are for 2 points to do a rectangle on the screen. x500 - y700 is one point the other is 1000x - 1000y ¿is that what you want?

• Developers

anybodyssss. :unsure:

Better learn to be patient ..... and one word about the true nature of your question and you will face consequences.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

hmm nevermind i think i got it working :unsure:

Don' understand where you got the impression I was joking....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Is that a Switch/Case block or Select/Case block?

Your syntax is wrong, regardless of which one it is.

Case $Find ... what is it supposed to be? 1? 0? 10,000? "Sum dum string"?

You also have a complete misunderstanding of how PixelSearch() works as demonstrated by your request and example code.

A 250x750 square can be ANYWHERE inside your original 1,000x1,000, right? So I'm assuming you either have a general detection method, or you know approximately where something appears all the time.

#RequireAdmin

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)

Local $hwndLOL = WinGetHandle("LOL")
Local $iaClientSize = WinGetClientSize($hwndLOL)
Local $iStartX = Default, $iStartY = Default, $iaPixel = Default
Local $bFind = True

Local $iCheckBox

Select
    Case $bFind = True
        If $iCheckBox = 1 Then
            WinActivate($hwndLOL)
            Do
                $iaPixel = PixelSearch($iStartX, $iStartY, $iStartX + 250, $iStartY + 750, 0x000000, Default, Default, $hwndLOL)
            Until Not @error
            If IsArray($iaPixel) Then
                ConsoleWrite("Found the first Pixel at X: " & $iaPixel[0] & "Y: " & $iaPixel[1] & @CRLF)
            EndIf
        Else
            WinActivate($hwndLOL)
            Do
                $iaPixel = PixelSearch($iStartX, $iStartY, $iStartX + 500, $iStartY + 750, 0x000000, Default, Default, $hwndLOL)
            Until Not @error
                ConsoleWrite("Found the second Pixel at X: " & $iaPixel[0] & "Y: " & $iaPixel[1] & @CRLF)
            EndIf
        EndIf
EndSelect

Work with window handles. They're more reliable and they never change.

Learn Cartesian coordinates and how to work with relative coordinate systems.

In my example, your $iStartX and $iStartY can be anywhere inside your orignal 1,000x1,000 square and the program will draw an imaginary box from that point.

Why am I grabbing the client size? Perhaps for a check later on before I draw the bounding box to see if I'm going to search outside the window. I can shave off time if I don't have to check pixels that don't exist.

I completely fill out the PixelSearch parameters because I want to ensure I'm only searching inside the window I want to search.

My variable names tell you what they are. "$hwndVariable" is a WINDOW HANDLE, "$iVariable" is an INTEGER... "$fVariable" is a FLOAT... "$bVariable" is a BOOLEAN (true/false) or BINARY (1/0) (same idea really)... and "$sVariable" is a STRING. You get the idea.

Also ... having an infinite loop until some condition is true without a means to escape the loop is silly. You may want to look into that.

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

hmm nevermind i think i got it working :>

$Pixel2 = PixelSearch ( 250, 750, 1000, 1000, 0x000000)

im guessing this was the right thing.

doesn't this mean that its searching 1000 x 1000 ( the program size) for a pixel in rectangle 250 x 750?

no

think about this...

¿how many data need to find a point on a 2d plane?(sorry my bad english)

Posted Image

¿how many points need to do a rectangle?

Posted Image

Inside that rectangle pixelsearch will try to find a color pixel that you define(0x000000) pixelsearch will give you the firs pixel whit the color 0x000000 that find..... startinf his finding from left to right from top to bottom

:S im going mad :unsure:

if you know where is the point you have to be more specific about what you want

Edited by monoscout999

Case $Find
            If GUICtrlRead($CheckBox1) = 1 Then
                WinActivate ( "LOL" )
            Do
                $Pixel2 = PixelSearch ( 378, 122, 1000, 1000, 0x000000)
            Until Not @Error
            MsgBox ( DEMO1 )

Else
                        WinActivate ( "LOL" )
            Do
                $Pixel3 = PixelSearch ( 422, 123, 1000, 1000, 0x000000)
            Until Not @Error
                        MsgBox ( Demo2 )

EndIf

Ok this is working other than the fact that if the checkbox2 is checked it still says "demo 1". im trying to get it so that when checkbox1 is checked it says demo 1 and when checkbox2 is checked it says demo 2. :unsure:

also the coordinates are exact. i want it to search for 0x00000 at point 422, 123 in the program lol when checkbox 1 is checked and so on

any help? thanks in advance. :>

Edited by AC130

Overview:

When I press my "Find" button, I want it to check to see if CheckBox1 is checked, if it is checked, I want it so search for pixel 0x000000 in location 378,122 in a 1000 x 1000 program, and then msgbox "Pixel1 Found"

If Checkbox2 is checked, then I want it to search for pixel 0x000000 in location 422,123 in a 1000 x 1000 program, and then MsgBox "Pixel2 Found". I've tried my hardest to get this working, and this will definetely be the last time I need help.

Sorry for so many posts, but thank you for helping. :unsure:

#RequireAdmin

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)

Local $hwndLOL = WinGetHandle("LOL")
Local $iaClientSize = WinGetClientSize($hwndLOL)
Local $iStartX = Default, $iStartY = Default, $iaPixel = Default
Local $bFind = True

Local $iCheckBox

Select
    Case $bFind = True
        If $iCheckBox = 1 Then
            WinActivate($hwndLOL)
            Do
                $iaPixel = PixelSearch($iStartX, $iStartY, $iStartX + 250, $iStartY + 750, 0x000000, Default, Default, $hwndLOL)
            Until Not @error
                ConsoleWrite("Found the first Pixel at X: " & $iaPixel[0] & "Y: " & $iaPixel[1] & @CRLF)
            EndIf
        Else
            WinActivate($hwndLOL)
            Do
                $iaPixel = PixelSearch($iStartX, $iStartY, $iStartX + 500, $iStartY + 750, 0x000000, Default, Default, $hwndLOL)
            Until Not @error
                ConsoleWrite("Found the second Pixel at X: " & $iaPixel[0] & "Y: " & $iaPixel[1] & @CRLF)
            EndIf
        EndIf
EndSelect

OK i tried your code, but it wont work. even if i have the checkbox checked it wont do anything.... Edited by AC130

Overview:

When I press my "Find" button, I want it to check to see if CheckBox1 is checked, if it is checked, I want it so search for pixel 0x000000 in location 378,122 in a 1000 x 1000 program, and then msgbox "Pixel1 Found"

If Checkbox2 is checked, then I want it to search for pixel 0x000000 in location 422,123 in a 1000 x 1000 program, and then MsgBox "Pixel2 Found". I've tried my hardest to get this working, and this will definetely be the last time I need help.

Sorry for so many posts, but thank you for helping. :>

you stll don´t get it.... maybe if you ewxplain better what you want to do... why you need to find that pixel..

For check the checkboxes you should use Guictrlgetstate() function and see the help file and the examples to figure out how to use it..

About pixelsearch area... please try to lear this well... if you can take a snapshot from the window that you want to get the pixel and mark the area somehow to show us.. it will be more helpful

you always say the aplication window have a area size of 1000X1000 but you dont start to find in the point 0x0 so you start from 422X123, so the another point to cover the whole window aerea will be 1422X1123..

paint again :unsure:

Posted Image

Let`s say the

1 entire draw is your monitor...

2 the blue box is your program...

3 the red square is the place you want to find...

to define the area for pixelsearh() function you need 4 data to define 2 points

1 the first data is the left side of the area... in this case 0

2 the second data is the top side of the area... in this case 0

3 the thirs data is the right side of the area.... in this case 1000

4 the fourth data is the bottom side of the area... in this case 1000

but ¿what happend when the program window is not doked on the top left side of the monitor? let`s say is a distance of 10 pixeles from the left of the monitor and 10 pixels from the top of the monitor....

¿are the data we use before the same for this window?

The answer is NO...

Paint again

Posted Image

so what is the area of the window that we use here...

the first data in NOT 0 anymore because the window start in the 10 pixel from the left... so...

1 the first data is 10 (left) the distance between the windows edge and the monitor edge

2 the second data is 10(top) the distance between the windows edge and the monitor edge

3 The third data is 1010(right) this became from the sum of the left side data and the windows widht

3 The third data is 1010(right) this became from the sum of the top side data and the windows height

now... with autoit is a function that get for you the left, top, width and height data of any window

with this data and a little math you can get the area of the window

the function gives you the first and second data, you need the other two..

as we already says the tirhd data is a sum of the first data and the widht... we have bout... so we only need to do the sum

the same with the fourt...

the function is

wingetpos()

and this function will return to you an array variable for ex

$pos = wingetpos("lol")

will return

$pos[0] ; the left distance

$pos[1] ; the top distance

$pos[2] ; the windows widht

$pos[3] ; the windows height

I hope you understand this way...

my fear is that your pixelsearch function is getting something that is not what you want...

i think that you can do it on your own right now... dont say i dont even try

and please.... sorry my bad english

Edited by monoscout999