WM_COMMAND / _Singleton

The conditions in the select statement, with 'Case $subnetmask' is really all i'm trying to do ~ when $subnetmask is focused. My problem here is that even when $subnetmask is not in focus the case statement gets fired.

Well, I still don't understand what you want to do, but your code is faulty and the case will fire continually.

If you use Select then you must have a condition which returns true or false for each Case. You have Case $SUBNETMASK which will always be true because it isn't 0 if the IP control was created successfully.

Then the result of GuiGetMsg will never be $SubNetMask because that is a window handle. I think you need to study the example in the help for _GUICtrlIPAddress_Create.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I know it is not the right way to set it up as well as the commented 'Switch' statement in the example i posted..I just don't know of a method that works for this sort of thing this is why i posted for help

Ok, but I need a clear and simple explanation of what you are trying to do. Explain it as you would to a passing old man with poor hearing who was curious because that's what I am. I can't see from your examples what you want but I don't think it should take many words.

Without a clear understanding I can't start.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Ok, I hope commenting the sample might give you a better idea.

The comments is the end result that i had in mind..

Select
    Case $subnetmask                                                ;When the 'subnet mask' control sends the message that it is focused (clicked in either of fields, 1 - 4)
        If $aIP_GET[0] <= 126 AND $aIP_GET[0] >= 1 Then             ;If the 'ip address' control field[1] ($aIP_GET[0]) contains a value that is equal to, or between either of these numbers (126 & 1) then
            _GUICtrlIPAddress_Set($SUBNET_MASK, "255.0.0.0")        ;Set the 'subnet masks' ip to "255.0.0.0"
        EndIf
        If $aIP_GET[0] <= 191 AND $aIP_GET[0] >= 128 Then           ;..repeat with different value.
            _GUICtrlIPAddress_Set($SUBNET_MASK, "255.255.0.0")
        EndIf
        If $aIP_GET[0] <= 223 AND $aIP_GET[0] >= 192 Then           ;..repeat with different value.
            _GUICtrlIPAddress_Set($SUBNET_MASK, "255.255.255.0")
        EndIf
EndSelect

Ok, I hope commenting the sample might give you a better idea.

The comments is the end result that i had in mind..

Select
    Case $subnetmask                                                ;When the 'subnet mask' control sends the message that it is focused (clicked in either of fields, 1 - 4)
        If $aIP_GET[0] <= 126 AND $aIP_GET[0] >= 1 Then             ;If the 'ip address' control field[1] ($aIP_GET[0]) contains a value that is equal to, or between either of these numbers (126 & 1) then
            _GUICtrlIPAddress_Set($SUBNET_MASK, "255.0.0.0")        ;Set the 'subnet masks' ip to "255.0.0.0"
        EndIf
        If $aIP_GET[0] <= 191 AND $aIP_GET[0] >= 128 Then           ;..repeat with different value.
            _GUICtrlIPAddress_Set($SUBNET_MASK, "255.255.0.0")
        EndIf
        If $aIP_GET[0] <= 223 AND $aIP_GET[0] >= 192 Then           ;..repeat with different value.
            _GUICtrlIPAddress_Set($SUBNET_MASK, "255.255.255.0")
        EndIf
EndSelect

I am a lot more stupid than you think. No doubt you know what you want to do, though I can't be sure, but I still have no clue. What is $IP_GET[0] for example?

Forget the sodding code. Tell me in plain language something like this.

I have a gui with 2 input fields for IP addresses IPA and IPB. When someone types a value into IPA first octet I want an address top be put into IPB depending on the value. If the first octet in IPA is in the range x to y then the address for the whole IPB must be Z. If the value in the first octet of IPA is in the range C to D then the whole address in IPB must be set to Y. If anything is typed into the other octets in IPA then it should have no effect on IPB.

I need stuff like that otherwise I might be wasting another 5 posts and I don't have infinite patience and I'm getting close to the end of my lifespan.

Ok, your explanation is fairly close, - i have two IP address controls, IPA, IPB. Only when IPB is focused in either of the octets (1st to 4th) and contains no existing values in these octets, then depending only on what value IPA's first octet is, a value X/Y/Z is set for IPB.

Edited by katoNkatoNK

Ok, your explanation is fairly close, - i have two IP address controls, IPA, IPB. Only when IPB is focused in either of the octets (1st to 4th) and contains no existing values in these octets, then depending only on what value IPA's first octet is, a value X/Y/Z is set for IPB.

Ok, I'll be back or someone will get there first.

Here (simplified ie needs more code to stop unnecessary changes)

#include <GuiIPAddress.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Global $gui
Global $ipaddress
Global $subnetmask
Global $IPChanged = False

$gui = GUICreate("test", 300, 300, -1, -1)

$ipaddress = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Create($gui, 25, 40, 200, 20)
$subnetmask = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Create($gui, 25, 80, 200, 20)
ConsoleWrite($subnetmask & @CRLF)
Global $msg
GUISetState()
Global $nowfoc, $lastfoc
Global $aIP_GET
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch

$nowfoc = ControlGetFocus($gui);
    If StringInStr("Edit5-Edit6-Edit7-$Edit8", $nowfoc) Then
        if not $IPChanged Then
        $aIP_GET = _GUICtrlIpAddress_GetArray($ipaddress)
        If $aIP_GET[0] <= 126 And $aIP_GET[0] >= 1 Then
            _GUICtrlIpAddress_Set($subnetmask, "255.0.0.0")
        EndIf
        If $aIP_GET[0] <= 191 And $aIP_GET[0] >= 128 Then
            _GUICtrlIpAddress_Set($subnetmask, "255.255.0.0")
        EndIf
        If $aIP_GET[0] <= 223 And $aIP_GET[0] >= 192 Then
            _GUICtrlIpAddress_Set($subnetmask, "255.255.255.0")
        EndIf
        $IPChanged = true
        EndIf

Else
        $IPChanged = false
    EndIf

WEnd

EDIT: corrected so that the second IP address can be edited.

Edited by martin

I was back

• 7 years later...
On 2011-05-21 at 5:16 PM, martin said:

Probably a few ways but I would use a message. If a script starts and finds that a previous script is running then it sends a message to that script and quits. The first instance can then do whatever you want when it gets the message.

#include <misc.au3>
#include <sendmessage.au3>
#include <winapi.au3>

$RecoverGui = _WinAPI_RegisterWindowMessage("MySpecialRecoverThing");get an unallocated message number, or get the number previously allocated to that string by a previous instance

If _Singleton("hgtfredsws_underoveranything", 1) = 0 Then
    ;MsgBox(262144, "already", "one running")
    $hw = WinGetHandle("nothing much here")
    If @error = 0 Then
        _SendMessage($hw, $RecoverGui, 1);tell the first script to wake up
    EndIf

Exit
EndIf

traysetstate(2)

$g = GUICreate("nothing much here")
GUISetState()

GUIRegisterMsg($RecoverGui, "Mywakeup")

While 1
    $msg2 = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg2
        Case -3
            Exit
        case -4
            traysetstate()
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func Mywakeup($hG, $iMsg, $wPar, $lPar)

If $wPar = 1 Then; we have been told to restore
        GUISetState(@SW_RESTORE, $g);now you can use your GuiSetState
      traysetstate(2);                                  and you can use your TraySetState
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>Mywakeup

This is working great it helped me fix my problem too: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/197785-help-with-_singleton-function/?tab=comments#comment-1418688

Thanks a lot