Support for #AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile_x64

LWC

• Developers

This is what I am thinking about doing but am open to other thoughts:

Add new directives:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_both=     ; y/n  n=default
#AutoIt3Wrapper_OutFile_x64=      ;file name to use for an x64 compilation)

When #AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_both=y and nothing else is defined then use these EXE names:

Scriptname.exe

Scriptname_x64.exe

When #AutoIt3Wrapper_OutFile=Outfile.exe is defined use:

Outfile.exe

Outfile_x64.exe

When #AutoIt3Wrapper_OutFile_x64=Outfilex64.exe is defined use:

Scriptname.exe -or- Outfile.exe (depending if #AutoIt3Wrapper_OutFile is present)

Outfilex64.exe

Thoughts/suggestions/other ideas?

Jos :unsure:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm happy the way it is first of all :unsure: But #AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_Both=Y would be a nice addition to the AutoIt3Wrapper.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Here my workaround:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before=del /f /q "%scriptfile%_x64.exe"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before=del /f /q "%scriptfile%_x86.exe"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before=""%autoitdir%\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe" /in "%in%" /out "%scriptdir%\%scriptfile%_x64.exe" /nopack /x64"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=ren "%out%" "%scriptfile%_x86.exe"

;dummy code below
If @OSArch = "X86" Then
    MsgBox(0, "Architecture Type", "OS Architecture Type is x86", 10)
Else
    MsgBox(0, "Architecture Type", "OS Architecture Type is x64", 10)
EndIf

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• Developers

Here my workaround:

This will not do any resource updating and the wrong source is used when ran through Obfuscator.

Jos :unsure:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

So can I conclude there isn't much interest to have this implemented seeing the lack of responses? :unsure:

No no, we want it. Just because the handful of "advanced x64 AutoIt users" aren't very vocal doesn't mean we want to compile everything twice.

I bet it wouldn't take you much time to implement anyway, who else know the innards of #AutoIt3Wrapper like you? :>

This will not do any resource updating and the wrong source is used when ran through Obfuscator.

Jos :>

I know but it should be only a rudimentaire workaround when you don't use any additional wrapper commands.

So can I conclude there isn't much interest to have this implemented seeing the lack of responses? :unsure:

Well, currently I cannot see any benefit running AutoIt code in x64 but we should have the choice to compile in x86 and x64 at once anyway. It would be great if you can implement it.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Superior speed is one.

Tell me which AutoIt code compiled in x64 is running much faster than in x86 mode.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

I did some quick tests on some of my GDI+ examples and some of them compiled in x64 are approx. 20% faster.

It it not superior faster but faster.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

To get this thread back on topic.

Jos

This is one of those things I was going to ask you about and just did not get around to it.

Whatever implementation you decide on should be fine as long as the end result is dual compile.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Thank you my good man. I shall test drive this for a bit and let you know how it is working for me.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

Thanks for the new option.

But how to use #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After now with compiling both at same time? Can we get a %out64% variable?

Noted that down to include in the next Beta as that is easy to include.

Jos :huh2:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.