Emulate H-Shifter

Hi,

Im a big fan of racing games and right now Im playing Test Drive Unlimited 2. My wheel is a MOMO Force (red one) with manual, sequential shifting.

I recently found out, that by using a h-shifter, you can eliminate the delay between up-shifts, which makes certain cars noticeably faster! TDU2 also has nice bug, that can demonstrate that behavior: If you switch to h-shifter, save, and go back to sequential, the shift delays are gone, shifting is instant in all cars! Sadly its gone if you start a new session.

Then I thought it should be possible to make a script, that emulates the h-shifter, by using my normal paddles. I already took a look at the h-shifter-key-emulation but it didn't work at all. Don't know if I just misunderstood something, or didn't configure it the right way. Now I'm here, because I'm a total script-noob and would appreciate your help.

Input: Button A (left paddle), Button B (right paddle), Button C (reset to neutral), maybe Button D to activate/deactivate the script

Output: a cycle from -1 (reverse), 0 (neutral) and 1 to 4/5/6/7 (depending on car)

Each gear has its own button and it has to stay pressed to work. So I need a script, that increases or decreases the selected gear depending on which paddle I press. In addition to that I need a reset-button to go to 0 (neutral), cause the script doesn't know which gear is selected in-game.

Script starts -> press and don't release button 0 (neutral)

I press Button A in-game -> script selects button -1 (reverse)

I press Button B in-game two times -> script selects button 1 (first gear)

I press Button C (reset) -> script goes to button 0, regardless of selected gear

and so on

So, how do I do that?

Thanks for the info, didn't know that (my fault!). But is it really cheating/automation if I want to emulate hardware? That script wouldn't give me any advantage over the other players, or within the game. It just puts me on a level with people, who can afford a Logitech G25 or similar.

I also understand, that it would be difficult to draw the line, so anything, that has to do with scripts and games is prohibited.

Why don't you try to build your own shifter? http://members.chello.nl/~a.hitman/shifter.htm

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes