Need to send log files for the scheduled jobs as attachments through mail in AS400

Hi All,

Can any one please suggest me for the following requirement.

Want to write an automation script.

We have some sheduled jobs in AS400.the scheduled jobs will generate some log files for those jobs. we can see the logs by using dsplog job(jobname).Now the requirment is I want to send those log files as attachemnts for those jobs through mail to the group(group mail) for every 1 hour.

so can any one please suggest me how to write a script for this requirement either in COBOL/Mainframe/AS400 or any scripting.

Thanks,

Vas.

Hi Vas,

is there a windows program available you can use to download the the job logs?

Can you connect to the AS400 via Telnet?

Or can you download them via FTP?

There are some examples here in the forum on how to automate telnet (I think).

Once you have the logs available under windows it's an easy way to send them via email.

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

so can any one please suggest me how to write a script for this requirement either in COBOL/Mainframe/AS400 or any scripting.

This is an AutoIt forum, and AutoIt is a Windows-only executable. So AutoIt can't help you unless the AS400 box is accessed from a Windows PC with a script-able terminal client.

:huh2:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law