My source is wiped, thanks idiots!

So i put my pc in for hardware repair, and the idiots at messed it up!

The it guy was sick and the guy that were there put my pc in the reinstall vista pile... so all my files are gone... yeay...

I read about the decompiler and all that, and that it cant decompile files after 3.5.. i think it was.. dont quote me!

Two of my programs are based on an example script, but my autoscreen program isnt and i worked really hard to make it work...

There is no file protection in my exes other than something the compiler might have put in...

Any ways, yes or no, i cant get back my source code?

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

Didn't you make a backup before letting them put their hands on your PC?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

No, i didnt do anything.

I told the guy that "I havent taken backup cause i dont wont you to wipe my harddrive!"

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

Decompiling is a very sensitive subject on this forum. The best I can do is point you to the Decompiling FAQ.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ive read that, and ive read posts that concern decompilers and i understand that no one wants to say anything cause they dont want to get banned.

Its my script, my friend wrote the bare bones, i finished it, it has my friends and my name in it, i have the source code for v0.1... It is mine.

So question time:

Will i still be banned for using a 3rd party decompiler?

Because if i do its not worth it!

Ill just write it over again.

What if I need to decompile a script compiled with a newer version of AutoIt?

You are mostly out of luck. Take the opportunity to learn how to properly back up your important files. The developers can decompile scripts but you must be prepared to prove you own the script. This is not done very often and the developers reserve the right to say no for any reason.

Who is the developers? How do i contact them? And as i said above, i can proove its mine!

And im blamin the idiots at school... God im mad...

I think everyone learns the hard way to make backups regularly. AutoIt scripts are so small, you can even email them to yourself and then you would always have it no matter what happens to your computer.

#include <ByteMe.au3>

• Developers

Who is the developers? How do i contact them? And as i said above, i can proove its mine!

And im blamin the idiots at school... God im mad...

First of all let me be direct (blunt) here to see if that will wake you up and make you change your approach:

You are the idiot. When you do not make any backups of the work you do, then do not blame others for your stupidity!

Now as to retrieving the source. PM me the EXE and prove to me it is yours and I will see what I can do, but it better not be something trivial or game related because you wont get any help with that from me.

*topic closed*

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)