How can I slow down the key stroke sent by controlsend

Hi all. I am a beginner of AutoIt. I am really grateful for those people who made this wonderful script that we can make ourselves.

I want to develop a script that will look up a word from a word list in a pc dictionary by using controlsend function:

ControlSend($DicTitle, "", "Edit1", $Entry & "{Enter}", 0)

But unfortunately, this script is buggy for my dictionary program. For example, when I look up word "wicked", the dictinary shows "ckedwi", and the meaning actually returns that of "wi". Perhaps that's because the dictionary app react slower than AutoIt and may I slow down the keystroke?

And if so, how I can do that?

Have a nice day to all!

I'm not certain I understand your problem as I don't know what dictionary program is.

If you are sending the word "wicked" to the edit control you could try sending 1 word at a time, with a little sleep pause.

Something like this might suit you.

$win = "Untitled - Notepad"

_MyControlSend($win, "Hello")

Func _MyControlSend($DicTitle, $Entry)
    $aEntry = StringSplit($Entry, "") ; This willmake an array of all letters in string
    For $i = 1 To $aEntry[0]
        ControlSend($DicTitle, "", "Edit1", $aEntry[$i]) ;Send each character
        Sleep(50) ; short sleep delay of 50 ms
    Next
    ControlSend($DicTitle, "", "Edit1", "{Enter}") ;finished sending string, now send enter
EndFunc   ;==>_MyControlSend

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Welcome Albertxu,

Add this before you send function

Opt('SendKeyDelay', 250); default 5. higher number = slower

Hi MHZ, just reported to you that your code worked like a charm. I can't love you more since I had been working on this script for one whole day and couldn't figure it out.