Read line problem

When I send a command to putty it gets logged, for example

send("zcat /store/raw/remote/2011/05/27/*/ktraw_sdkfhgdifuygd8s7y4iudjkfghkdj* | raw-extract-messages | raw-params -p s | sort -n | uniq |wc -l")

it gets sent as 3 separate lines, and to prove it i did this

$file = fileopen($PuttyLogpath,0)
Local $str = FileReadLine($file, (_FileCountLines($PuttyLogpath)-1))
Consolewrite($str)

Would actually give me the 3rd last line: $ zcat /store/raw/remote/2011/05/27/*/ktraw_sdkfhgdi

Local $str = FileReadLine($file, (_FileCountLines($puttylogpath))) gives me: fuygd8s7y4iudjkfghkdj* | raw-extract-messages | raw-params -p s | sort -n | uni

and Local $str = FileReadLine($file, (_FileCountLines($puttylogpath) + 1 )) gives me:q |wc -l

What I really want is the second last line and I had to do Local $str = FileReadLine($file, (_FileCountLines($puttylogpath) + 2 )) to get it, is there anyway to fix this?

<It Shall Be Done>

Perhaps a fair guess that the line of interest is unknown. Perhaps last line, perhaps 2nd last line or whatever line. It is perhaps suitable to read the whole file, I doubt that it is big, and process the contents of the file returned. I am not sure of your regex skill as I will suggest StringRegExp() to do the task.

Here is an example of processing some data in $contents variable. You would use FileRead() to get the contents of the file into the $contents variable. The example will return part of the line which has the string "bananas" and it will capture the rest of the line.

$contents = 'nice day' & @CRLF & _
        'nice bananas are yellow' & @CRLF & _
        'strawberry cream is also nice'
; search for "bananas" and rest of line
$value = StringRegExp($contents, 'bananas.*\n', 3)
For $i = 0 To UBound($value) -1
    MsgBox(0, '', $value[$i])
Next

Now testing this, I get a Msgbox() with the text displayed "bananas are yellow".

Hi thanks for the idea, however I'm not sure if it would solve my problem. Let me explain my scope a little bit. I have to do counts on about 20-30 items per datawarehouse and so far I was able to automate putty to input the commands and have them logged in a .log file

What I do is I wait for the phrase [companys1-ro@db17.prod ~] to show up in the log then I input a command that extracts a count for me, After I detect the phrase [companys1-ro@db17.prod ~] again, that means the count has been completed. The number that I want should be the second last line. I would loop it until all of the items are counted in the database.

Here is a sample of the log file

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2011.06.01 16:57:34 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

login as: myname.11

Authenticating with public key "myname.11@dev1"

Passphrase for key "myname.11@dev1":

Enter passphrase for key '/home/myname.11/.ssh/id_rsa':

Last login: Wed Jun 1 20:56:23 2011 from 10.17.212.80

[companys1-ro@db17.prod ~]$ zcat /store/raw/remote/2011/05/27/*/ktraw_0dbba17bb0

43497bb795db39cf417773* | raw-extract-messages | raw-params -p s | sort -n | uni

q |wc -l

[companys1-ro@db17.prod ~]$ zcat /store/raw/remote/2011/05/27/*/ktraw_186f2b947f

7e4600aeacc85eefc9e771* | raw-extract-messages | raw-params -p s | sort -n | uni

q |wc -l

[companys1-ro@db17.prod ~]$ zcat /store/raw/remote/2011/05/27/*/ktraw_1d7145a51a

894d73b5af8207c8f5bd43* | raw-extract-messages | raw-params -p s | sort -n | uni

q |wc -l

[companys1-ro@db17.prod ~]$ zcat /store/raw/remote/2011/05/27/*/ktraw_1f978c59c1

014beda1ebe82fd0d7819a* | raw-extract-messages | raw-params -p s | sort -n | uni

q |wc -l

[companys1-ro@db17.prod ~]$ zcat /store/raw/remote/2011/05/27/*/ktraw_24d4ec2631

e044f0b0050125ee2f8046* | raw-extract-messages | raw-params -p s | sort -n | uni

q |wc -l

[ERROR] could not split 'st2' on '='

[companys1-ro@db17.prod ~]

<It Shall Be Done>

So if I understand correct, the last line has "[companys1-ro@db17.prod ~]" in it and the second last line has a number such as "406755" that you want. So if the log is "test.log", then perhaps the code below may help you.

$contents = FileRead('test.log')
If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, '', 'Unable to read file')
Else
    ; find CRLF then capture digits then find CRLF then "[companys1-ro@db17.prod ~\]" then EOF
    $value = StringRegExp($contents, '\r\n(\d*)\r\n\[companys1-ro@db17.prod ~\]\z', 3)
    Next
EndIf

The message box is not showing up at all, so I tried

$contents = FileRead($PuttyLogpath)
$value = StringRegExp($contents, '\r\n(\d*)\r\n\[companys1-ro@db17.prod ~\]$ \z', 3)
Consolewrite($value)
consolewrite(UBound($value))
    Next

and I got 1 for $value and 0 for Ubound($value)

for every count

Edited by huskies
<It Shall Be Done>

The conditions have changed if the RegExp pattern is not working. I tested "text.log" in the current working directory with the exact contents of the log you provided. I get "406755" in the Msgbox. I have no knowledge of how much variation that may occur with the logs that you may need to work with.

Lets try _FileReadToArray() as it will hopefully produce a result expected. The result will be the 2nd last line.

#include  <file.au3>
Global $array, $line, $PuttyLogpath

$PuttyLogpath = 'test.log'
If Not FileExists($PuttyLogpath) Then
    MsgBox(0x30, @ScriptName, '"' & $PuttyLogpath & '" not found')
    Exit 1
EndIf

; read file to array and then show 2nd last element of array
; $array[0] will contain the number of lines read into the array.
; $array[$array[0]] is the last line
_FileReadToArray($PuttyLogpath, $array)
If $array[0] > 1 Then
    $line = $array[ $array[0] - 1 ] ; last line - 1 which is 2nd last line
    MsgBox(0, '2nd last line', $line)
EndIf

Hi Mhz

Thanks for the idea of stringregexp, i kinda took your idea and took the cheap way out, but here is my logic, I read the file with _FileReadToArray and reverse it, then I will compare every line with the function StringRegExp with the alphabet, if that line contains a letter then it is not the count I want, so far it is working pretty good. So thanks for the help

$rev = ""   
$lines=_FileReadToArray($PuttyLogpath, $rev) ;reads the text to an array
_ArrayReverse($rev) ;and then reverses it
for $i = 0 to ubound($rev) - 1

$Count = $rev[$i] ;start with the last line

If StringRegExp($Count, $alphabet,0) = 0 Then  ; if there is a letter in this line, then it's not a count   
        exitloop; this line doesn't have letters, so it's just a numerical count, want to keep this 
    endif
next
<It Shall Be Done>