Are my codes safe in the compiled .exe

Hello again

I'm new with programming. :huh2:

I recently heard from someone that there are some softwares that can decompile autoit files and retrieve the source codes.

I'm not sure if he's a trusted source but I needed to know if that is true ?

Please leave a comment if you know something, thanks ;)

short answer is they are not safe. there are ways of trying to protect it, some in example scripts.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

and yes there are several illegal decompilers. using them will get you banned.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

That´s why there are free forums to share the knowledge.

The inverse ingineering creates bad competition, but if you´d like to hack for your own amusement make your own decompiler and use it for killing your own time. It´s not about being legal or not but for the respect.

You like when a fellow give his thanks for your help so you should give the same respect to other programmers and their knowledge.

Learn, learn and ... learn