Flash Install script

Hi Chaps,

I've come to my wits end with this. I've been approached by my manager about installing Flash Player on 800+ PC's, and have been given the task of completing this. I've already discussed deploying it via GPO, but thats apparently a no no (typical!). So my next best option is an AutoIT script, but I'll be honest, I haven't the first clue when it comes to scripting. So Im reaching out to you who are.

I've spent the better part of a week trying to figure out where my script is going wrong. But stuck is I!

I want to install the latest version of Flash 10.2 (or 10.3) using either the MSI or EXE (I have both). The install file and script will be placed within the same directory which is mapped share (cant use UNC paths as the system is locked down). I have the following so far:

RunAsWait ( "User", "domain", "Password", 1, "MSIEXEC.EXE /a""" & @ScriptDir & "\flashx.msi""/qr" )

It pops up with the MSI installer asking me to ensure that the intall file is present and accessable.

The network share is the 'M' drive and both script and install file are in the folder.

Help?

Deej

msgbox (0, '' , "MSIEXEC.EXE /a""" & @ScriptDir & "\flashx.msi""/qr")

should be able to see you are missing a space (maybe two, if it requires one prior to the switches, but certainly one after 'msiexec.exe /a'), and also are you sure you want to administratively install this rather than just a normal /i

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

See if this works for you. Also, for the last switch, you could use /qn (completely silent) or /qb (silent but with progressbar).

RunAsWait ( "User", "domain", "Password", 1, '"' & "MSIEXEC.EXE /a " & @ScriptDir & "\flashx.msi /qr" & '"' )

#include <ByteMe.au3>

Thanks for the replies.

iamtheky - I wsa trying every single option at this point and that was left from my last attmept.

sleepydvdr - I've tried the switches and get a progress bar and completes, but upon further investation it has not installed. If nothing else works I'll have to make do with an install screen and get the users to click through them.

I'll give your suggestions a go tomorrow.

Deej

Thanks for the replies.

iamtheky - I wsa trying every single option at this point and that was left from my last attmept.

sleepydvdr - I've tried the switches and get a progress bar and completes, but upon further investation it has not installed. If nothing else works I'll have to make do with an install screen and get the users to click through them.

I'll give your suggestions a go tomorrow.

Deej

Usually when you see a program installing and yet it doesn't install, something went wrong. It is possible the browser(s) is hanging in the background. If it is, Flash won't install. I tested the code I posted in a VM and it worked. Well, I just did a Run instead of RunAs, but the path & switches were the same.

#include <ByteMe.au3>

have you checked that the switches are correct for the version of flash you are using

I have a usb pen tool that i coded with cmd and it uses

install_flash_IE.msi /qn

your version may have other switches

Chimaera

Edited by Chimaera

hi Deej, :huh2:

Try this ;)

$sIERemote = "http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_10_active_x.exe"
$sPluginRemote = "http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_10.exe"

_DownloadInstall($sIERemote, " /install") ;For IE
_DownloadInstall($sPluginRemote, " /install") ;For Firefox, Chrome etc

Func _DownloadInstall($sURL, $sParams)
    Local $sLocalFileName = StringRegExpReplace($sURL, "(.*)/", "")
    If Not FileExists($sLocalFileName) Then
        Local $iRet = InetGet($sIERemote, $sLocalFileName)
    EndIf
    Return RunAsWait("username", "domain", "password", 0, $sLocalFileName & $sParams, @ScriptDir)
EndFunc   ;==>_DownloadInstall

Hope this helps,

-smartee

• 5 months later...

I'm in need of pushing out the latest Adobe Flash Player "of the week" and my code has been working but now it just stopped.

I normally just download the latest .exe from their file hippo; rename it to flash_player.exe; store it on the network drive and then compile my script with the .exe hidden in the network folder where the compiled .exe resides...Can someone check this script and tell me what has happened? PLEASE?

DirCreate("C:Flash")

FileInstall("serverdataHelpDocsTechnologyServicesFlash Updateflash_player.exe", "C:Flashflash_player.exe")

RunAs("Username", "Domain", "Password", 4, "C:Flashflash_player.exe -install","", @SW_HIDE)

;display message in top left corner of screen

ToolTip("Please RESTART your web-browser, install complete. Have a great day!", 0, 0, "Install complete...", 1)

Sleep(10000)

any help or feedback is appreciated!