Send sentence to a remote machine

You should search the forum and read the helpfile :huh2:

Look for a chat example script and rewrite it to your needs

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

• Developers

Welcome to these forums. Wondering how often you will post your question in our forums?

Anyway: Your question is much to vague.

What exactly are you intending to do?

Do you want a script running on the remote PC that is triggers via an IP connection to send info too? (check the helpfile for all TCPXXXX functions)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

i want a script running on my windows server that upon activation will send the string "LightsON" to a remote machine .. this machine isnt a pc .. so i only need the script from the server side to send the string ..

open SciTe and press F1

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

• Developers

i want a script running on my windows server that upon activation will send the string "LightsON" to a remote machine .. this machine isnt a pc .. so i only need the script from the server side to send the string ..

So how would the device which is not a PC be able to receive this string?

What service does this device run to be able to receive this information?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

So how would the device which is not a PC be able to receive this string?

What service does this device run to be able to receive this information?

this device has a pic18f programmed microchip that upon detection of the string LIGHTSON will order the appropriate machine to turn the lights on .. im i answering ur questions ?

• Developers

this device has a pic18f programmed microchip that upon detection of the string LIGHTSON will order the appropriate machine to turn the lights on .. im i answering ur questions ?

Not really: the question remains "how" to tell the device the LIGHTSON command.

What IP/Port is used? is it using something like Telnet?

What is the device type/name?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

A quick search shows that a pic18f is likely to have a serial port. If that is the case then you need to search for 'serial ports' or 'COM ports' etc.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

A quick search shows that a pic18f is likely to have a serial port. If that is the case then you need to search for 'serial ports' or 'COM ports' etc.

are u familiar with ip phones ?

my project is to control the room lights usin my ip phone .. the phone will talk to the web server .. who will activate the script that will send lightson string to my ethernet controller .. the ethernet controller is a device with an ethernet port(obviously) that has an embedded pic in it .. the fabricator of this device has offered his services to do all the woring on the ethernet controller .. so only thing i have to do is work on my asp script that will send lightson to an ip device . .

are u familiar with ip phones ?

my project is to control the room lights usin my ip phone .. the phone will talk to the web server .. who will activate the script that will send lightson string to my ethernet controller .. the ethernet controller is a device with an ethernet port(obviously) that has an embedded pic in it .. the fabricator of this device has offered his services to do all the woring on the ethernet controller .. so only thing i have to do is work on my asp script that will send lightson to an ip device . .

I think you need a lot more knowledge of what is going on, or needs to go on, to make any progress with this. Sending a string to an IP device is meaningless untill you know the method and protocol involved. I assume the fabricator can supply the specifications but the whole sytem is very unclear from your description.

I guess by ip phone you mean what I would call a VOIP phone in which case I assume you will be sending information in the way codes made up from a sequence of tones or number presses. To get from the server to the light controller only needs the server to create a file with the string in it or something to indicate the required action. Then you can write a script in AutoIt to read that string from th eserver and then the script can talk to the light controller. But you need to find out how to talk to the controller. Is it using TCPIP, UDP, HTTP ?? You have to find out, but then once you have got the information you need to be able to do something with it of course. I fear that if you were able to do something with it you wouldn't be asking these questions and certainly not in the way you have asked them. That is not to say you can't learn of course.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I think you need a lot more knowledge of what is going on, or needs to go on, to make any progress with this. Sending a string to an IP device is meaningless untill you know the method and protocol involved. I assume the fabricator can supply the specifications but the whole sytem is very unclear from your description.

I guess by ip phone you mean what I would call a VOIP phone in which case I assume you will be sending information in the way codes made up from a sequence of tones or number presses. To get from the server to the light controller only needs the server to create a file with the string in it or something to indicate the required action. Then you can write a script in AutoIt to read that string from th eserver and then the script can talk to the light controller. But you need to find out how to talk to the controller. Is it using TCPIP, UDP, HTTP ?? You have to find out, but then once you have got the information you need to be able to do something with it of course. I fear that if you were able to do something with it you wouldn't be asking these questions and certainly not in the way you have asked them. That is not to say you can't learn of course.

the controller uses an http port