Right Click AutoIt commands missing in Explorer

I've installed the latest versions of SciTE4AutoIt3 and autoit-v3-setup on a Windows 7 Ultimate machine. In viewing the tutorials I keep seeing references to right click Explorer commands such as Compile Script, Compile with Options, Edit Script, Run Script, and Tidy. These menu items do no appear no matter where I right click in Explorer. What am I missing. Thanks.

Correct.

Hello,

Like msmith11, i've installed autoit 3.3.6.1 and i have not autoit submenus on right click.

Also, the "Template.au3" doesn't work ! The template for AutoIt doesn't appear when i right clear in a directory !

And for the least "bug" , when i type "shell:templates" in the windows "run menu" command, i not see the normal AutoIt templates "Templates.au3". I have copy my personnal template who run on XP but .....it's no working on seven !

AutoIt3 and Seven ultimate are incompatibles, maybe ?!?

Thanks for AutoIt, THE great scripting & dev language !!

• Developers

Don't know... I have Win7/sp1 Prof x64 and are not having any issues with the RigthClick option in Explorer.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Worked for me on Vista Business and Win 7 Home premium x64

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

• Developers

Check to see if you ever did a "OPEN WITH" by checking the registry key:

"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.au3\Userchoice"

When it is there then delete it and see if that fixes it.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

And for the least "bug" , when i type "shell:templates" in the windows "run menu" command, i not see the normal AutoIt templates "Templates.au3". I have copy my personnal template who run on XP but .....it's no working on seven !

"shell:templates" is empty for me. Template.au3 is in Windows\ShellNew

"shell:templates" is empty for me. Template.au3 is in Windows\ShellNew

You're right, I too have a "Template.au3"in "C: \ Windows \ ShellNew" but I have no right click -> New -> AutoIt3 so I can not test the good directory models.

For Jos, me, in "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.au3\Userchoice", i have nnot a "OPEN WITH" option.

cordially

• Developers

For Jos, me, in "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.au3\Userchoice", i have nnot a "OPEN WITH" option.

cordially

No, the question was if you have this registry key due to using one time the "open with".

Anyway, when you have that key, just remove it (only \Userchoice ) and see if that fixes it.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

No, the question was if you have this registry key due to using one time the "open with".

Anyway, when you have that key, just remove it (only \Userchoice ) and see if that fixes it.

Jos

@Jos

GREAT !!! I delete the subkey "\UserChoice", hit F5 to reactivate registry and .......it's WORKS !

I've the Right click Option "Open, compile script, compile with options, edit....etc...) AND my template (in "C:\Windows\ShellNew" like "AdmiralAlkex" remember me) WORKS TOO !

Thanks a lot !

Cordialy

Ps: Excuses my bad english !

• 7 months later...