Embedded IE and Maintaining Cookie States with New Windows

Hello,

I did a bit of searching on this forum before posting this, but unfortunately the 2 best related threads didn't provide much answer. Basically, I'm creating an embedded IE in my GUI and the webpage I load isn't maintaining its cookie state if a popup or new window is triggered. The new window loads, but the cookie state is lost on the popup. I included the 2 forum threads I had read where I'm experiencing the same kind of issue, but sadly there isn't really an answer to the thread:

One idea I'm thinking about doing is to try and intercept the new popup and make it a regular link within the embedded IE, but the code to even print the basic html on the page is entirely in javascript and very ugly to try and modify.

Ex: var g_hMainMenuOptions = { 'logout': 'Logout', 'purchase': 'Purchase Tokens', 'register': 'Free Registration', 'login': 'Login', 'profiles': 'Profiles', 'tour': 'Tour', 'homepage': 'Homepage', 'contact': 'Contact Us', 'contact_help': 'Contact Us', 'toggle_menu': '' };

Assuming I could find where the target is defined in the js that triggers the new window, modifying it would be ugly and would break all popups, not just the one I'm targetting. Not a very good solution.

If I try to open IE directly (not via my embeddedIE in the GUI), login to the site to save the cookie state and then load my GUI, it works. In other words, if I set the cookie state through a directIE instead of an embeddedIE, it maintains the state. But if I work exclusively from the GUI, it loses states. Its as though the embedded IE and the real IE are not sharing states or act independently.

Any help appreciated! I can't post the link to my example as its behind an intranet, but from the links I posted above, it seems the problem is generic to any popup from an embeddedIE.

Thanks everyone!

PeerMedia

Anyone? I've also tried creating a kiosk based IE and embedding it into the GUI and that had lots of resizing and focus problems. This cookie issue is the only step I have left, the rest of the GUI is ready. Thanks everyone.

Suggest you Google ie session cookie msdn

There is nothing unique about the AutoIt implementation here.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• 7 years later...