First Script help

Hi Guys

I have just discovered they fantastic software and I am hoping it will help lots with my work in new PC roll-out.

I have a series of software that I need to deploy but I have fallen down at the first hurdle.

My first script is very basic but I cant get the enter function to press the next button?

ShellExecute("LvClient.exe")

WinWaitActive("Welcome")

Send("{ENTER}")

I'm sure you guys will find a simple error but it has me stumped.

Thanks for your help

When you are interacting with a third party app, Send() is seldom a good way to go.

In your case Send("{ENTER}") will only work for the default control. In other words if you can manually press the enter key and have it do what you want it should be okay, otherwise it is bound to fail.

You should be looking at the help file for

ControlSend()

ControlClick()

and even ControlCommand()

You will also need to use the Windows Info tool that is included with AutoIt.

By the way, also read the advanced information about Window titles, they are case sensitive and that will really throw you off at times.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

With AutoIt and almost anything else, the secret to success is in reading the Help file. It may take some doing to get through it but the AutoIt help file is the best resource you have at your disposal.

Edit: I should also say this.

When we tell someone to open the help file instead of giving them a piece of code, we are not being "mean". In fact we are doing them a favor by getting them used to proper usage of AutoIt. Always make sure to read the remarks and to read and test the examples to see what they will do.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"