Problem with my script

Hey xD, I'm working on a scipt and got the problem that it didn't rly work fully on my friend, so first i thought it was just cuz he had a Vista, but then i found out it didn't work for my friends who have 7 either, so i figure'd out why it didn't work... they have to run the program as administor... but the script i'm working on now uses more then 1 au3/exe file so it doesn't work at all for my friends... is there anyhow i could fix this??

EDIT: okey as u complain about not posting any code i'll give u some...

Since i don't rly know exactly everything but as much as i know is that these commands won't work on Vista or 7 if ur not running the program as administrartor

Filecopy()
Run()

while i was searching alittle bit i found out u could actully do

RunAs()
but then i would need the username and password, any1 know how i could get that?? Edited by Wiggyboy

• Moderators

blah blah blah what?

Seriously, stop with the ebonics, show the code that doesn't work.

No one here has a crystal ball.

Edit:

A crystal ball that really works that is.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

blah blah blah what?

Seriously, stop with the ebonics, show the code that doesn't work.

No one here has a crystal ball.

Edit:

A crystal ball that really works that is.

blah blah blah my ass, it's not the code which is not working -.-' if u might read it, and if u read it, READ IT AGAIN... u might understand my problem, else be nice and leave no comment further

blah blah blah my ass, it's not the code which is not working -.-' if u might read it, and if u read it, READ IT AGAIN... u might understand my problem, else be nice and leave no comment further

I do not think that you should shout at a mod, it is not healthy.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• Developers

Let me elaborate on that: I don't think he should shout at anybody after creating a post like that.

@Wiggyboy,

Clear ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Well, if this very nice mod would be nice to read everything and understand it it wouldn't have to get mad...

Let me elaborate on that: I don't think he should shout at anybody after creating a post like that.

@Wiggyboy,

Clear ?

Well, obisly it's not good to shout, but sometimes i get mad or pissed off... and i think his post is pretty lame, since he ain't even near talking about what i needed help about...

Doesn't #RequireAdmin solve that problem?

thanks but... i didn't want it to requireadmin, i wanted it to not requiteadmin Dx

Well, as i've said before... it's still not the script which doesn't work...

Well with out more information about the "enviroments" the script and pcs are in. Not much they can do to help you.

However with that said, it does appear to me, and I am sure it has crossed the minds of a few people here already, that since you are refusing to post any type of code example, your code is part of those forbidden subjects. Which if posted would result in a locked thread.

So pony up or figure it out on your own and quit being a dick to people here for trying to help.

• Moderators

Well, if this very nice mod would be nice to read everything and understand it it wouldn't have to get mad...

Well, obisly it's not good to shout, but sometimes i get mad or pissed off... and i think his post is pretty lame, since he ain't even near talking about what i needed help about...

Your post was far from easy to understand. It was written poorly all together. It wasn't me being a dick, with people that put little time in explaining their situation literately, their code usually speaks for itself and issues are quickly found ( Rather than trying to rack our brains on trying to decipher someones cryptic request help).

"This doesn't work on Windows 7". Ok... What doesn't work, where is it failing, etc...

thanks but... i didn't want it to requireadmin, i wanted it to not requiteadmin Dx

If you're running something that is forcing you to "RequireAdmin", you have two choices.

1. Make them turn off their UAC.

2. Purchase a code sign from someone like Verisign and start signing your executables.

The other side of that, is if you're actually wanting to perform admin type task on a non-admin account, without the admin username and password.. Forget it.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

so, if it's not the script, then why even post on here then?

Becouse the script won't execute as it should, and maybe there is some command to make it not care about admin rights...

Well with out more information about the "enviroments" the script and pcs are in. Not much they can do to help you.

However with that said, it does appear to me, and I am sure it has crossed the minds of a few people here already, that since you are refusing to post any type of code example, your code is part of those forbidden subjects. Which if posted would result in a locked thread.

So pony up or figure it out on your own and quit being a dick to people here for trying to help.

Well, since it's not the code which is incorrect or doesn't work why would i waste time on putting up the code here, since it's to no use... it's about admin rights... not about an error...

Your post was far from easy to understand. It was written poorly all together. It wasn't me being a dick, with people that put little time in explaining their situation literately, their code usually speaks for itself and issues are quickly found ( Rather than trying to rack our brains on trying to decipher someones cryptic request help).

"This doesn't work on Windows 7". Ok... What doesn't work, where is it failing, etc...

If you're running something that is forcing you to "RequireAdmin", you have two choices.

1. Make them turn off their UAC.

2. Purchase a code sign from someone like Verisign and start signing your executables.

The other side of that, is if you're actually wanting to perform admin type task on a non-admin account, without the admin username and password.. Forget it.

Well sorry if i'ven't got the best english but if u don't understand it and i maybe wrote it pretty bad u could ask me to try explaining it somehow else...

and what's failing, since i've edited it says which commands which doesn't execute... idk why...

Filecopy()
Run()

Still pretty hard to diagnose without knowing exactly what error message or exact failure mode you're getting.

If you want to use RunAs(), it can't "get" the password. Either your friend gives it to you and you hard code it into the script (or an ini file or something like that), or you pop up an input box to ask for it, then pass it to the RunAs function.

On the other subject, this is a web forum, not a chat board or cellphone. Using normal English instead of kiddie chatspeak abbreviations goes a long way in having people take you seriously. You wouldn't leave most of the letters out of a function call and expect it to work, so why would you leave most of the letters out words of a forum post and expect to get results?

Vista and 7 are only going to need Admin permission when you are trying to do stuff in the protected areas. These include:

- root of the system volume where Windows is located

- Program Files folder

- Windows folder

- any User folder besides Public

- in any other folders that are flagged +S or +H (System or Hidden)

- the files in question are not owned by the logged in user or other permissions issues.