Autoit Future

• 2 weeks later...

Are you promoting your post from within another? I don't get it.

No intention on that. In fact that thread is not mine, I just posted there. The idea with this post here is to return to this issue, and the other post is directly retated with this.

Do you believe that shoud be better to post here that text? And, we also have the" windows 8" trhead talking about the same subject.

Regards

Jose

• 3 weeks later...

2013 will be coming....so what's the plan for AUTOIT? I checked the Autoit updated information: the latest offical version is released on FEB 2012, beta version is released on APR 2012. 6 months have passed....

BTW,Windows 8 is released.

Autoit is my favorite programming language on windows, because when I using AutoIt to do something, I need just care the logic for things that I want to do, if I using C++, I can't do to this.

I hope Autoit will be getting better.

Thanks for your great work.

Edited by oceanwaves

The question is not "When will there be a new release" but "What do you miss in the latest AutoIt version"? If there is a functionality you want to see in AutoIt create a feature request in Trac.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

absolutely. i have a hunch trancex is working on something big.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

Yes, it is.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Check the Trac timeline and you'll see that bug reports and feature requests get "solved" and closed.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers

Not sure what I have missed in my "time out" earlier this year, but I would like to temper Water's optimism a little.

Edit: It is true that development continues but it takes more than one to tango. :)

Jos

Edited by Jos
typo

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

My view is a bit biased. I know that some of the UDFs will be enhanced - because I'm the one who does ;)

Can't tell how/if the core improves.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi all...

To start, I suggest 2 things. I have no idea of it´s complexity:

1- an UDF that gets "gestures", as mousexxx or isKeyPressed does

2- a way to get the "controls". As I´m seeing arround, more and more programs don´t have standard controls that you can get with au3info or control them.

Time to mention, I just use AU3 for my wndows programs (on PIC I use mikroPascal). Please, accept my congratulations for so powerfull, stable and simple to use language. It´s really mles ahead of C or equivalents, even when we use it for general programing, I mean, not specifically controling other programs or windows. And see, I program for a bit long time, had used many languages... AutoIt is great!!!

Like or not, win 8 arrived. And we need to control wn 8 too...

Jose

Thanks again for all your effort.

Edited by joseLB

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Last week, browsing with my lumia 800 "market place", I depared with TouchDevelop.

It´s a programing language to create small applications on the winPhone itself, or in tablets or even in IE10/win8.

--> https://www.touchdevelop.com/

While nothing exactly new, some points got my attention:

1- as it s for touch/small screens, it must be type less as possible. At the video tutorials seems to be. But at galery scripts, not so much...

2- a bunch of prebuilt functions for cel phones, like vibration, direction, positioning, camera, giroscope, etc., etc., are avaiable

3- they simplified a lot screen development. Only then I noticed that graphical screens on my phone and win8 are very simple, if compared with other OS

4- they tell that it is for not developers. I think that for very small apps, can be, but... let´s see.

5- they have a bunch of phd´s deveoping this anguage...

6- there is a bunch of scripts -> https://www.touchdevelop.com/gallery

enjoy

Jose

• 2 months later...

Windows 8 is already controlled. On the legacy desktop, AutoIt will function perfectly fine. On the Modern UI, you can't do what AutoIt does because of how Microsoft sandboxed it.

Hi Richard

Could you explain a little bit? What do you think we are able to do and what we are not?

For example, in very basic scripting: I will not be able to run or kill a program with au3? Or, move cursor in screen?

AutoIt will survive where ever the Administrators and Engineers are. AutoIt is an instrumental tool in my own professional success and I suspect that's true for others as well. Even with powershell out there, I still prefer AutoIt for its simplicity, its capabilities, and its community.

AutoIt will evolve, into what? Well... That is outside the scope of my oracle.

Edited by Colyn1337

I should also add that you want to be careful of what you ask for. Knowing the way it goes around here, if and when we ever see an AutoIt4, you can bet it won't be backwards compatible so all of your existing scripts are out the door or you sit there and convert them.

I think autoitv3 is fine just the way it is, I mean really, there's no need for a v4. Autoit is more than capable of doing for what it was initially designed for and now it's capable of doing so waaaayyyy much more. Besides I really think it's pointless to make it v4 if our scripts can't be backwards compatible, most of us (MOST OF US) actually use autoit for developing applications, so in THEE FUTURE. if there's a v4 and some folks need support for v3 it wouldnt really work to the v3 user's advantage. So if our scripts cant be backwards compatible we have to re-write our apps in v4 code? noooo that will not work, please dont ever make a v4.

[u]My dream is to have a dream...[/u]