Autoit Future

If, anyway, is a desire to change version number, ex:, AU3 -> AU4, I would suggest:

1- a more integrated Scite <-> Koda or similar screen devepment tool. Koda, besides to be a great software, is a 1 person effort... So, it lacks some features/functionality .

2- a "light" version of AU3 for WinCE, mainly as an almost plain and simple to use language (my 1st and 2nd posts) :huh2:

3- as in VB, the tooltip while you are typing a command (UDF, etc.), to integrate better with help, so we could know the parameters without to to to help all the time

If I remember other ones, I will put here.....

Jose

So, of your 3 suggestions for a future AutoIt 4, one is on the "Do not ask" list and the other 2 concern 3rd-party software we are not responsible for.

You may look at

http://www.autoit4.com/

:huh2:

Details here

Hopefully that domain will expire in due time.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

Hopefully that domain will expire in due time.

FYI

Registered through: Blue Razor Domains, Inc.

Domain Name: AUTOIT4.COM

Created on: 05-Oct-05

Expires on: 05-Oct-11

Last Updated on: 06-Oct-10

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

So, of your 3 suggestions for a future AutoIt 4, one is on the "Do not ask" list and the other 2 concern 3rd-party software we are not responsible for.

Hi Valik

I'm not fan of V4, I think that we have lots of excellent things in V3. These are just some suggestions of what I think could be of high value for Au3.

1- my suggestion is to have s real integrated gui development. I used Koda just as an example, or starting point.

2- start to migrate to other plataforms, mainly downstream, like microcontrolers os small computers, as these are becoming more and more cheap and are great candidates for automation tasks, as normally they have wifi, network, usb. . Of course, being somewhat windows "compatible", less complex it will be. And about Windows mobile? I know nothing about it, just hear about...

3- well, scite is the tool I use to write AU3. While a great tool (many thanks it's developers), with the fantastic bunch of UDF's/commands with so many parameters, (many thanks to all developers), is impossible to remember the meaning of each parameter just by it's name. So, that's the reason of the suggestion.

When I was sugesting, I had 3 things in mind:

a ) I think v3 is OK, I really can't see the need for V4, mainly if it comes with compatibility issues (loosing "old" features, programs, UDF's, etc.

b ) the 3 suggestions seemed to me to be of great impact in the comunity and usability. But I undestand your point.

c ) to do something like VBNet, framework, etc., that would make AU3 a "web" language, I think is not the good moment. Let's see what is comming in the new www standard, as I heard that plugins like flash, citrix, etc. will not be more needed. Furthemore, programing today in a "web" language seems to me a "soup" of messed solutions, where instead to deal with the logic of your program, you need to spend a lot of effort trying to circumvent the www standard deficiencies.

Jose

Edited by joseLB

I think autoit v4 should accept voice commands

So I say into my microphone "Create scripz for spam chat mns", and it automatically creates the script.

It should have advanced Intelligent heuristic script prediction to finish lines of code, like a phone predicts text, and should correct any errors you might encounter. etc...

Anything less is just unacceptable.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I think autoit v4 should accept voice commands

So I say into my microphone "Create scripz for spam chat mns", and it automatically creates the script.

It should have advanced Intelligent heuristic script prediction to finish lines of code, like a phone predicts text, and should correct any errors you might encounter. etc...

Anything less is just unacceptable.

Voice commands? This isn't the stone age any more :huh2: AutoIt4 is going to be telepathic.

How can you dislike something that doesn't exist?

Aha, Richard Robertson, it's simple....

I knew in advance about all that advanced features others explained above. So, I wil have nothing else to do, as my voice is not that good, and I'm not a good telephat.

Jose

The thoughts a person will have are future information. Why shouldn't you be able to see that?

Umm, okay, that's pretty straw-man right there. Just take two separate things and mash them together and say "That's what I'm talking about" when very clearly your original post made absolutely no mention of reading people's minds in the future. Your original comment asserted that anyone good at clairvoyance would be good at telepathy.