Setup Installation

Hi,

Im new to the forums so let me start of by saying hello I hope my stay in this community may bbeneficialal for me and for others.

Now I may be searching the wrong stuff but I can not find anything on what I am trying to do. What I would like to accomplish is this >> I have written a script and would like to compile it but I would like to make it a self installing program. Like the one you download from the net thusuallylly install in c:/Program Files so that they appear in your start bar programs list. But of course I would also need to makeinstallerler. Is this possible and is there any example scripts here on the forums I may learn from?

Edited by NeedCoffee

Hi,

Im new to the forums so let me start of by saying hello I hope my stay in this community may bbeneficialal for me and for others.

Now I may be searching the wrong stuff but I can not find anything on what I am trying to do. What I would like to accomplish is this >> I have written a script and would like to compile it but I would like to make it a self installing program. Like the one you download from the net thusuallylly install in c:/Program Files so that they appear in your start bar programs list. But of course I would also need to makeinstallerler. Is this possible and is there any example scripts here on the forums I may learn from?

Hi & welcome.

Autoit compiled scripts do NOT need an installer. Everything is included in the exe.

What you can do is, firstly check the path from where your exe was started from, if not ... /programs/... whereever it should be, then you open your custom installer dialog. If the user has agreed, then you just copy your exe to the path, create you entries and then run the method _suicide to delete the script which installed itself somewhere else.

Mega

Edited by Xenobiologist

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi Need Coffee,

in addition to what Mega said, you might want to lookup for FileInstall() function in the helpfile and RegRead() and the builtin marcros like @ProgramFilesDir. :huh2:

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]