Any way to visually mark Active Window?

I was thinking there is a way to draw/change border of a window but that doesnt seem to be possible trough winapi. Do you people know of any trick to at least in any other way visually mark an active window so user of the app can tell which window is active?

Hi Aktonius,

did you use the search function of the forum? I think I once found an example of what you are looking for in the Example Scripts section. :huh2:

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

I have no clue what you want. maybe you should try to explain it in more detail. But maybe you want this:

there can only be 1 active window.

you can use this function to obtain Title of an active window

WinActive

then you make a loop say each 100 milliseconds you call WinActive

or you can put all this into a function & if you press a hotkey winactive will be called & you will know what window is active:

While 1
     Sleep(500)
    $WinActive = WinActive("[ACTIVE]")
    ConsoleWrite($WinActive & @CRLF)
 WEnd
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

Maybe one?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki