MsgBox_Tipped UDF

tip

Greetings :huh2:,

Some time ago I needed a custom msgbox function to use in my scripts. In time, it evolved to create quite eye candy msgboxes ;). It is not a very complex UDF but it does a lot of cool things without bothering user with the details. So, I thought I'd share...

UDF uses some functions written by me as well as several UDF's, published by other scripters, that I gathered through time. I tried to give proper credits to each. If I did forget to mention anyone or if I have provided inaccurate information, my sincere apologies... Please let me know and I gladly make necessary corrections.

I've tried to keep the syntax as clean and as easy-to-use as I can. That's why I didn't include features like custom font, custom position, timer etc. If you decide to add those parameters, you'll notice that I also tried to keep main function organized and such parameters can easily be implemented.

There is always room for improvement. Please share your opinions and ideas. I'm really looking forward to your feedback.

Sincerely,

Tip

ScreenShots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Change Log:

v1.1.0 - Added some new functionalities like background blur effect, custom color for overlay effect, better image resizing etc... Also I wrote several new internal functions to make MsgBoxes run even smoother. Renamed _GUIDisable function to ClientAreaDisable to show respect to guinness and his work.

v1.0.1 - With Maffe811's I wrote a new function _GuiRoundCorners_Ex to replace _GuiRoundCorners_Lite. Now you can specify which corners to round :alien:

MsgBox_Tipped Ex.zip

Edited by tip

[center]MsgBox_Tipped: Eye candy msgboxes/inputboxes/loginboxes. | CreateBlankBox: Semi-transparent layers with borders and rounded corners.[/center]

Hi Tip

II just tried out your example script. WOW it is great.

I will spend time this evening exploring all the things you have put together.

Great job Thanks for sharing

REB

MEASURE TWICE - CUT ONCE

Wow, I love it!! *****

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

quite nice. you get all stars.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

eye candy msgboxes :huh2:

So true!

1 suggestion though:

If its possible, round teh corners that are not touhcing the edges of the gui, but not the edge that touch the gui.

It makes it look like its comin out from the edge, instead of just floating there.

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

This is really slick, I like it a lot. 5 stars from me.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

_GUIDisable looks awfully familiar! :huh2:

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Need lot of includes, but looks good ! :)

Actually they are mostly needed for the global constants. But I hear you :huh2:...

So true!

1 suggestion though:

If its possible, round teh corners that are not touhcing the edges of the gui, but not the edge that touch the gui.

It makes it look like its comin out from the edge, instead of just floating there.

I like the idea. Thanks ;)

Edit: I've just updated the UDF.

_GUIDisable looks awfully familiar! :alien:

Hi guinness,

I've actually just learned about your function from your signature. It is too bad actually because they are awfully similar and if I knew, it would have saved me from the trouble :ph34r:... It also is quite nice to see the same approach from you. It means I'm on the right track.

Thank you for your message and letting me know about your UDF. I will update the info, mentioning your function, to avoid confusions.

Sincerely,

Tip

Edited by tip

[center]MsgBox_Tipped: Eye candy msgboxes/inputboxes/loginboxes. | CreateBlankBox: Semi-transparent layers with borders and rounded corners.[/center]

Thats perfect! :alien:

I might use it in my GrooveShark Player, but currently i have to many ideas for it.. ;)

Keep up the good work! :huh2:

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

• 4 months later...

Hi to all again,

For some time I've been adding new lines to my MsgBox_Tipped UDF and I believe it is now mature enough to be named as a new version. I've added some new cool stuff and kept it compatible with old syntax. I also added a couple of screenshots to the thread. I am looking forward to your feedback.

Sincerely,

Tip

• 3 months later...

Hello tip,

I really like how you put 13 examples in one gui.

It was really quick and easy to see the possible uses of your UDF.

Thank you for sharing.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

• 2 months later...