Creating a Datebase of sorts... Need help again :(

Well I'm trying to add to my software a leeching prevention tool. So far I have a hwid generator and they have to give that to me and I add there hwid to the code and that hwid gen creates a file on there c drive and it just checks that on open.

It works pretty good for a basic protection. I'm not selling the software it will be public just I don't want random people being able to post my porgram in other places. So to the hwid generator I want it to do as follows:

• Upload there ip address to a database online
  • upload there hwid to a database
  • and have them fill out a box with there username and have that uploaded.
Now I'm guessing this should be pretty easy to do once I know how to. So how would I get this to work?

So my questions are.

• Which webhost would you recommend for this?
  • How do I interact with that host and basically edit a online text file on that host?
  • Anything else I need to know?
Thanks guys in advance for the help!

Well I'm trying to add to my software a leeching prevention tool. So far I have a hwid generator and they have to give that to me and I add there hwid to the code and that hwid gen creates a file on there c drive and it just checks that on open.

It works pretty good for a basic protection. I'm not selling the software it will be public just I don't want random people being able to post my porgram in other places. So to the hwid generator I want it to do as follows:

• Upload there ip address to a database online
  • upload there hwid to a database
  • and have them fill out a box with there username and have that uploaded.
Now I'm guessing this should be pretty easy to do once I know how to. So how would I get this to work?

So my questions are.

• Which webhost would you recommend for this?
  • How do I interact with that host and basically edit a online text file on that host?
  • Anything else I need to know?
Thanks guys in advance for the help!

If you're based in the UK I would be cautious of this. Collecting somebody's IP and Computer Hardware information, as well as a username that can be tied to this information, would at the very least require some well worded Privacy policies. I would check the Data Protection Act to see exactly what information you are allowed to collect.

With regard to web hosts I don't see that it matters who you use. If I was going to tackle this project I would make sure the web host allowed sql databases and possibly php. I don't know enough about AutoIT yet to understand it's database connectivity so maybe someone else can help with the specifics.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.-The biggest idiot can ask questions the smartest man cannot answer.

What is a "leeching prevention tool"

Basically want to prevent people on a forum who have no posts from just downloading what I made. Also to prevent people from posting it on other forums without permission.

Basically want to prevent people on a forum who have no posts from just downloading what I made. Also to prevent people from posting it on other forums without permission.

I'm new to AutoIT so somebody may correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be down to the Forum software to handle these kind of permissions?

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.-The biggest idiot can ask questions the smartest man cannot answer.

I'm new to AutoIT so somebody may correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be down to the Forum software to handle these kind of permissions?

Well yes but they don't care much but this is not even related to what I need help with :huh2:

Just read my first post and see man.

So my questions are.

Which webhost would you recommend for this?

How do I interact with that host and basically edit a online text file on that host?

Anything else I need to know?

I really can't see how AutoIt could Help you? Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

You said you are creating a leeching preventing tool to stop people with no posts downloading your software from a given forum. My point was while it may be possible to do this in AutoIT (as I said I'm new to this so don't know), it would be far simpler to do this within the forum software.

How are you storing the information on the server? SQL database, plain text file etc?

If I may ask, why the dislike against these type of people who may not be a threat to you?

You said you are creating a leeching preventing tool to stop people with no posts downloading your software from a given forum. My point was while it may be possible to do this in AutoIT (as I said I'm new to this so don't know), it would be far simpler to do this within the forum software.

How are you storing the information on the server? SQL database, plain text file etc?

No, I kinda said it wrong. I want to prevent a ton of people from having this program not just people with no posts.

Edit: And I want to edit a plain text file on a webhost. But I don't know how.

If I may ask, why the dislike against these type of people who may not be a threat to you?

No threat just I don't want too many people having this.

Edited by fogest

If you are looking for some way to prevent people from unauthorized use of your software, then I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but there is none.

There are also a few people here who get a bit tetchy about this subject, and quite passionate.

My advice, offer support for your software on your forum, at least you can control who has access to that.

EDIT:

Take a moment to think about the billion dollar company microsoft, and their egghead boffins, then ponder if all their combined skill keeps people from unauthorized use of their software, then transfere that to every other software developer you can thing of, and ask yourself if you can better their work.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

If you are looking for some way to prevent people from unauthorized use of your software, then I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but there is none.

There are also a few people here who get a bit tetchy about this subject, and quite passionate.

My advice, offer support for your software on your forum, at least you can control who has access to that.

It's not my forum and I just want a simple db of who uses it. Simple.

Well there are numerouse ways of obtaining an IP address, a lot can be found in the example forum, and maybe you can use an FTP UDF (also example forum) to manage your online file.

This all assumes of course that your users allow your software to connect to the internet, or indeed are online while using your software.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Well there are numerouse ways of obtaining an IP address, a lot can be found in the example forum, and maybe you can use an FTP UDF (also example forum) to manage your online file.

This all assumes of course that your users allow your software to connect to the internet, or indeed are online while using your software.

OK I'll try searching for this. And yes the users will have to allow connection to the internet as the program needs the internet to function.