TinyColorCatcher v1.0.4.4 Update of 25 June 2013

wakillon

TinyColorCatcher v1.0.4.4

Yet another small tool to know the value of color codes.
A magnifier x4 to x32 will help you to see precise pixel color.
A history of colors store your copied colors and you can delete them with a left click.Icon.

Added the possibility to adapt mouse speed to Zoom Level for an easy color capture.

Added Shades Tab for those who want edit and find the exact shade they want.
After you have copied a color, just left click on "Preview" ( in Shades Tab ) for paste it.
Intensity of shades can be set by 3 radios and you can change shades gradient direction by left click on "Shades" label (at the left of radios group).
Sliders and Inputs can help you to adjust pasted color in preview.

Added Colors Chart with color's names.

For catch any color on Tabs, same principe as magnifier : Press Middle mouse button or F12 for copy color value ( located under your cursor ) to clipboard.

Your settings are saved to registry.

i56da.jpg   5LzED.jpg

Tiny_Color_Catcher_v1_0_4_2_2.jpg   Tiny_Color_Catcher_v1_0_4_2_3.jpg

As usual external files are downloaded at first execution.( Run as administrator the first time )

Press middle mouse button or F12 ( for TouchPad User ) for copy color value ( located under your cursor ) to Clipboard.

Previous Downloads : 100

Update of 25 June 2013

SourceTinyColorCatcher v1.0.4.4.au3

ExecutableTinyColorCatcher.exe.html

(Once this html file downloaded, double click on it for start the download)

Will be added to the next version of >SciTE Hopper.

Hope you'll find it handy ! ;)

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

Looks nice but the preview windows is absolutely slow with updating the region - more or less the whole program is very slow.

I'm using Win7 x64 with Aero.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Looks nice but the preview windows is absolutely slow with updating the region - more or less the whole program is very slow.

I'm using Win7 x64 with Aero.

Br,

UEZ

I found it very reactive on XpSp3 with WindowBlinds Aero.

Do you think there is an incompatibility with your config ?Posted Image

Edited by wakillon

I tested it in my WinXP vm and it is working without any problems and fast.

Under Win7 x64 it is starting but takes a long time to display the zoom window and the zoom window is updating extremly slow. Further I cannot close the appl. - only by closing the process.

If I uncommend the lines 152-159 it is also working with my Win7 x64.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

your script does several undocumented things that people would refer to as "bad scripting habits". it downloads files from internet, it installs a new font, it makes registry changes and changes system properties such as mouse speed and balloon tips, it adds sound files to the system directory. 

i think people should be aware of it.

if you do such things, you should at least thoroughly inform people, offer an uninstall routine, keep all files in a local directory and preferably use a local settings.ini instead of the registry to save settings.

the script looks nice and has some interesting solutions, but give people a chance to maintain a clean system. now i go clean up ;)

[color=rgb(255,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]FukuLeaks[/color][/font]

your script does several undocumented things that people would refer to as "bad scripting habits". it downloads files from internet, it installs a new font, it makes registry changes and changes system properties such as mouse speed and balloon tips, it adds sound files to the system directory. 

i think people should be aware of it.

if you do such things, you should at least thoroughly inform people, offer an uninstall routine, keep all files in a local directory and preferably use a local settings.ini instead of the registry to save settings.

the script looks nice and has some interesting solutions, but give people a chance to maintain a clean system. now i go clean up ;)

Do not be so alarmist !

It's not a modified reg key (who enable balloon tips), a little wav file, or a font who will do your system not clean!

If externals files are downloaded it's just a question of storage capacity, and mouse speed is restored when script exit.

if you are so afraid for your system you shouldn't try AutoIt examples:sweating:

In next update I will set all files in temp dir and try to include them to script.

Edit : It's like a online installer as java or chrome installer, but in portable version.

Edited by wakillon

TinyColorCatcher has some useful features ... but I'm sorry to say: it's visually distracting to use.

IMO, there is a crying need for a color tool that:

1) shows large swatches so it's easy to evaluate the colors and

2) is easier to view on large monitors.

Here are my suggestions to make this a very useful tool:

• Get rid of the Happy Sans font.  It's unique, yes ... but unreadable and a distraction.

• Make the display of the Inverse Color an option.  It's an unwanted distraction in most instances of use.

• Turn off the continuous updating of the large color block(s).  The main displayed color should remain static until a change is specifically asked for.

• Only update the main color when the magnifier is used.  (And maybe turn the magnifier off after it's used.)

• On the Color Chooser, make all the tiny color blocks 2x or 3x larger.

• Change to an ini file instead of using registry keys.

Anyway, that's how I see it.  I made a quick modification just to display a larger swatch of the main color.

post-29172-0-67390900-1369060573_thumb.p

• 1 month later...