Could anyone help me get started with this

First of all, while reading through this post you will find yourself in a moment where you think this is GAME AUTOMATION, at that moment don't stop reading, you will see it isn't.

Hey guys, I play a game called EuroGunz and I have a clan on it.

In that clan are 10-20 friends of me which do clanwars versus other clans.

Now, I want to keep my clan organised , so I thought of this idea.

I actually want to know which clanmembers win alot, and wich ones lose alot.

To see that there is this site :

http://donations.euro-gunz.eu/cw/

Now I want to create a script that tells me which members I should kick and which I should keep or promote.

There are 2 ways to do that:

Basic way

The way that would need a simple script would be writing a script that opens the clanwar page, refreshes it every 1 minute , then search for my clan name (Frazion) and copy the 2 following lines, then save it at a document where I can read through and kick people that lose alot.

Advanced way

Something that would need a lot of knowledge of autoIT, wich I don't have, I have few to none , is this way.

Also, opening the clanwar page, refreshing it every 1 minute , searching for my clan name and copy the following 2 lines IF the same exact line (with date etc) hasn't been copied before.

Then, saving it all in a file and have an other script scanning that file and creating a new text document for every player and does it like this :

crummy

--------

Jun 12 2011 06:46:07:090PM Frazion

Crummy

Darksmoke

enemy1 enemy2

enemyclan

4 / 1

Jun 13 2011 06:46:07:090PM Frazion

Crummy

LOLOLOLOL

enemy1 enemy2

enemyclan

4 / 3

Jun 14 2011 06:46:07:090PM Frazion

Crummy

Accure

enemy1 enemy2

enemyclan

4 / 2

First off with the basic version , at which functions should I look?

Only last 1000 are showed, so the clanwars dissappear after an hour(some clanmembers play on different times), also, I'm trying to make this script while LEARNING, the most important thing for me isn't having the script, but learning new things.

inetget will get you the page source. The page seems to be an HTML table so it would be relatively easy to get all the contents of the <td></td> as an array 6 wide by the number of entries.

From there I would add the array to excel using one of the excel udfs available. Alternatively you could use it as an array or save to an xml, txt or ini. Lots of options.

Hope these quick thoughts help.

inetget will get you the page source. The page seems to be an HTML table so it would be relatively easy to get all the contents of the <td></td> as an array 6 wide by the number of entries.

checked out inetget but it "downloads" something, do you mean I should download the page every few minutes?

and then open that file and do stuff in it?

From there I would add the array to excel using one of the excel udfs available. Alternatively you could use it as an array or save to an xml, txt or ini. Lots of options.

Hope these quick thoughts help.

where could I find those udf's

InetGet downloads a copy of the page. You can also use InetRead() but it will give you a binary result so you will also need BinaryToString()

Example

$sStr = BinaryToString(InetRead($sURL))

after that you can use any method you require to get the parts that you need.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Have a look in my signature for _InetGetProgress OR _InetGetGUI, this will give you a good idea of what to do.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

WEnd[/autoit]K I have 2 scripts now, one working :

While 1
    $page = InetRead("http://donations.euro-gunz.eu/cw/")
    BinaryToString($page)
    FileDelete("file.txt")
    FileWrite("File.txt",$page)
    $file = FileRead("File.txt")
    sleep(5000)
WEnd

and 1 where I don't know how to continue

FileOpen("File.txt")
$file = FileRead("File.txt)
Binarytostring($file)

How can I "search" for "Frazion" ?

Thanks

Edited by heyhey

Use StringInStr() on the Data returned by FileRead()

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Thanks but how can I use this multiple times?

Like searching every frazion

EDIT : found it worked with occurence, but how can I make it so it does it for EVERY occurence, not only the first or 2d etc

Edited by heyhey

Searching the Forum I found this >> OR use StringRegExp() is the other option.

UDF List:

I took the Example in the link I provided above and edited it so now it outputs to an Array.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
#include <Array.au3>

Global $aReturn = _SearchString("This is text which is only text when it could be a string text, oh and did I say text.", "text")
_ArrayDisplay($aReturn)

Func _SearchString($sString, $sText)
    Local $aReturn[1] = [0], $iDimension, $sStringMid
    For $A = 1 To StringLen($sString)
        $sStringMid = StringMid($sString, $A, StringLen($sText))
        If $sStringMid = $sText Then
            If ($aReturn[0] + 1) >= $iDimension Then
                $iDimension = ($aReturn[0] + 1) * 2
                ReDim $aReturn[$iDimension]
            EndIf
            $aReturn[0] += 1
            $aReturn[$aReturn[0]] = $A
        EndIf
    Next
    ReDim $aReturn[$aReturn[0] + 1]
    Return SetError(0, $aReturn[0], $aReturn)
EndFunc   ;==>_SearchString
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

How many times the text was found!

UDF List:

OK, when you said Col0 I thought you meant the first row, this is how many times it was found, in your case it should be about 100 from looking at the _ArrayDisplay() and the other rows are the the character position(s) of where the text starts. Have a look at StringMid() to get a better idea.

UDF List:

About this function you gave me :

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
#include <Array.au3>

Global $aReturn = _SearchString("This is text which is only text when it could be a string text, oh and did I say text.", "text")
_ArrayDisplay($aReturn)

Func _SearchString($sString, $sText)
    Local $aReturn[1] = [0], $iDimension, $sStringMid
    For $A = 1 To StringLen($sString)
        $sStringMid = StringMid($sString, $A, StringLen($sText))
        If $sStringMid = $sText Then
            If ($aReturn[0] + 1) >= $iDimension Then
                $iDimension = ($aReturn[0] + 1) * 2
                ReDim $aReturn[$iDimension]
            EndIf
            $aReturn[0] += 1
            $aReturn[$aReturn[0]] = $A
        EndIf
    Next
    ReDim $aReturn[$aReturn[0] + 1]
    Return SetError(0, $aReturn[0], $aReturn)
EndFunc   ;==>_SearchString

Could you do me a HUGE favor and explain in every line what's happening ? I looked at everything in the help file related to this but I simply can't understand it >.<