Snipster - Updated 9/13/11

Beege

Hello, it would be convenient if you could create a default code snippet folder after you first run this. It seems it gets stuck and that there is no GUI after you choose to select default snippet folder but then you realize that you want to create a new one and you cancel the browse dialog to do it manually.

That sounds ok. Next update Ill set the default but I dont see what you mean when you say "no Gui". I tested the cancel button in the order you described and the gui showed same as if you hit no.

Also I cannot compile it because SyntaxConverter.a3x is missing.

I supplied the source file. Just open SyntaxConverter.au3 and press F7 to compile.

Just a small suggestion:

- Should use a fixed-lenght font in the RTF control (like courier new or consolas), or better, let the user choose the font

Already in the works. I updated my AU3 Syntax Highlighter UDF recently and plan to integrate in on the next update.

- Why not using SciTELexer UDF?

I thought about it but went with the highlighter just because it was already something I made previously.

Thanks for this great tool!

Thank you! :oops:

• 9 months later...

Thank you a lot. I was usin Gary`s cSnippet for long period. Now I like Yours.

One thing: a lot of empty @crlf in the end of the snippet while editing or pastin into Scite.

File containing the snippet code doesn't have the endlines.

Thank You a lot!

Just a small suggestion:

- Should use a fixed-lenght font in the RTF control (like courier new or consolas), or better, let the user choose the font

I second that, and was just about to write the same thing !

Some other ideas:

- adaptive search for content of snippets (so you type f.ex "ascii" and you get a list of snippings containing the string "ascii".)

- larger button to show code view, perhaps using the collapsing windows (there is a UDF for that here, by Melba(?) )

The RDF creation is really cool!

Thanks for your great work.

I am just a hobby programmer, and nothing great to publish right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...