Scrollable list of Control?

I haven't worked much with scrollbars in GUIs, but from my knowledge I'm going to say this is possible. Anything you can make with the KODA dealio, you can make in code (and I'm going to recommend you move away from KODA as soon as possible, because there's a lot more you can do by actually doing the code yourself, and you'll understand this stuff a lot more). What you're going to have, after determining how many controls there are, is a loop that will run through, making controls for each of the number of datas collected. I'd say something like a For...Next loop that will variable set the top coordinates of each control. It's hard to explain all of this without using code, but you should hopefully catch what I'm saying.

Glad to hopefully help,

minikori

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

I haven't worked much with scrollbars in GUIs, but from my knowledge I'm going to say this is possible. Anything you can make with the KODA dealio, you can make in code (and I'm going to recommend you move away from KODA as soon as possible, because there's a lot more you can do by actually doing the code yourself, and you'll understand this stuff a lot more). What you're going to have, after determining how many controls there are, is a loop that will run through, making controls for each of the number of datas collected. I'd say something like a For...Next loop that will variable set the top coordinates of each control. It's hard to explain all of this without using code, but you should hopefully catch what I'm saying.

Glad to hopefully help,

minikori

yes i will be using loop to generate the controls but my question is how to make them scrollable , my only purpose of using koda there is to show what i really want the gui to look like

thanks

Edited by neutronstar

• Moderators

neutronstar,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :huh2:

Take a look at the Scrollbars UDF in my sig. It has an example which shows how to get the scrollbars to match the number of controls you want to put in the GUI - which is what I understand you to would like to do. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

neutronstar,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :huh2:

Take a look at the Scrollbars UDF in my sig. It has an example which shows how to get the scrollbars to match the number of controls you want to put in the GUI - which is what I understand you to would like to do. ;)

M23

:alien: Thanks For the Greetings and Another Thanks For The UDF ,i made a search on the forum before posting this but couldn't find anything useful i guess my search phrase wasn't strong enough . Thanks Again For Fast Reply . You saved my day

Edited by neutronstar

• Moderators

neutronstar,

Glad I could help. Please ask again if you have any trouble integrating the UDF into your script. :huh2:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area